New to Hacking Confused!

General technological topics without their own forum go here

New to Hacking Confused!

Post by saimimtiaz22 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:20 am
([msg=94226]see New to Hacking Confused![/msg])

Hello! I am new to hacking so can someone tell me what to do first? Any programming language to learn first?
saimimtiaz22
New User
New User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:13 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: New to Hacking Confused!

Post by Infum on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:15 pm
([msg=94238]see Re: New to Hacking Confused![/msg])

try html first easiest and maybe start python after
idk thats what i was told :| :| :|
Infum
New User
New User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: New to Hacking Confused!

Post by saimimtiaz22 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:41 am
([msg=94240]see Re: New to Hacking Confused![/msg])

i have done in html now what should i do next? I want to penetration testing so what should be next?
saimimtiaz22
New User
New User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:13 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: New to Hacking Confused!

Post by Cha0tic75 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:08 pm
([msg=94250]see Re: New to Hacking Confused![/msg])

For penetration testing, I would suggest learning python. It is a very easy language to learn. You may also want to learn perl. Perl is great because it is built into you linux kernel. Go to google and/or youtube and look for tutorials on kali linux. This is the best OS to use for pen testing. It is packed full of great tools. Best of all, you can run it a number of ways. LiveCD or LiveUSB is great because you don't need to install it to your machine. You can set up liveUSB with persistence so it will save your settings. You can also run it in a virtual machine. Or if you have a spare laptop, you can just install a dedicated version. Hope this helps.
Cha0tic75
New User
New User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: New to Hacking Confused!

Post by saimimtiaz22 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:22 am
([msg=94258]see Re: New to Hacking Confused![/msg])

Thank you and also want to ask you that why should i learn perl? How it is related related to pen testing?

-- Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:23 pm --

Cha0tic75 wrote:For penetration testing, I would suggest learning python. It is a very easy language to learn. You may also want to learn perl. Perl is great because it is built into you linux kernel. Go to google and/or youtube and look for tutorials on kali linux. This is the best OS to use for pen testing. It is packed full of great tools. Best of all, you can run it a number of ways. LiveCD or LiveUSB is great because you don't need to install it to your machine. You can set up liveUSB with persistence so it will save your settings. You can also run it in a virtual machine. Or if you have a spare laptop, you can just install a dedicated version. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much and i want to know that how perl is related to pen testing?
saimimtiaz22
New User
New User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:13 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: New to Hacking Confused!

Post by pretentious on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:53 pm
([msg=94262]see Re: New to Hacking Confused![/msg])

Thought I'd pipe in and say perl isn't part of the linux kernel. It just happens to be installed and available on most *nix machines just like python, bash and awk but it's a separate technology and while it's powerful, it's not necessarily any better for hacking than say, ruby which metasploit it written in. I also want to throw some weight behind not using kali. Nothing wrong with kali but you want nmap-ng? Sudo apt-get that bitch, hashcat or wireshark? Same thing. If anything, if your pen testing your own stuff for giggles, kali is stripped down and too heavily constrained out of the box for my liking. When I first used it, it took me 5 minutes to notice I couldn't open pdf's and i semi rage quit lol. just playing devils advocate tho.
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
Can you say brainwashing It's a non stop disco
User avatar
pretentious
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1203
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:48 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: New to Hacking Confused!

Post by OGCoolName on Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:47 am
([msg=94271]see Re: New to Hacking Confused![/msg])

pretentious wrote:I also want to throw some weight behind not using kali. Nothing wrong with kali but you want nmap-ng? Sudo apt-get that bitch, hashcat or wireshark? Same thing. If anything, if your pen testing your own stuff for giggles, kali is stripped down and too heavily constrained out of the box for my liking. When I first used it, it took me 5 minutes to notice I couldn't open pdf's and i semi rage quit lol. just playing devils advocate tho.


Huh? Nmap, aircrack-ng and Wireshark come with Kali. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Linux#Tools

And you must've done something wrong, because I've never had issues opening pdf files with Kali (Document Viewer).
OGCoolName
New User
New User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:36 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: New to Hacking Confused!

Post by pretentious on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:52 pm
([msg=94276]see Re: New to Hacking Confused![/msg])

OGCoolName wrote:
pretentious wrote:I also want to throw some weight behind not using kali. Nothing wrong with kali but you want nmap-ng? Sudo apt-get that bitch, hashcat or wireshark? Same thing. If anything, if your pen testing your own stuff for giggles, kali is stripped down and too heavily constrained out of the box for my liking. When I first used it, it took me 5 minutes to notice I couldn't open pdf's and i semi rage quit lol. just playing devils advocate tho.


Huh? Nmap, aircrack-ng and Wireshark come with Kali. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Linux#Tools

Correct. The point i was trying at was any distribution will be able to have it, within minutes, without forcing any special booting or set up. I only made the point because in my own experience, the more abstraction and hoops to jump through and buy in that is demanded of me in the very beginning, the less likely i am to persue the hobby long term.
OGCoolName wrote:And you must've done something wrong, because I've never had issues opening pdf files with Kali (Document Viewer). I'm

Well i must have just been stupid then
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
Can you say brainwashing It's a non stop disco
User avatar
pretentious
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1203
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:48 am
Blog: View Blog (0)



Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests