Creative 7zip cracker needed with good cause.

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Creative 7zip cracker needed with good cause.

Post by Malefactor2000 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:08 pm
([msg=94003]see Creative 7zip cracker needed with good cause.[/msg])

So... Here's the situation i have... I have 2 files locked with 7zip... Encrypted, password protected and all... ONE of the files... i GENERALLY know the password... was tipsy, but not quite drunk when i made it, and apparently hit the same key on both passwords in wrong order to screw it up... So, i know what the password SHOULD be, but apparently got one off somewhere in the mix... it's a 40+ character password... The other one, i know what combinations i would have used to make it, but it was at least a year ago i made that password... So, i have a "dictionary" of words / symbols ect i would use... So, what i need if anyone can help me find it or create it...

7zip password cracker / input. I need something that will use 7zip and just try combinations of dictionary input at speed to find the right combination. I don't need it to randomly go through lower case / upper case. If i'm givin (very specific) instructions on how to enter the various combinations of upper / lower case and special characters to try "sections" of them in a specific order... that would GREATLY increase the time needed to unlock these... I'm not a hacker or a programmer, so i have NO CLUE what this would entail or need to actually accomplish if it can even be done... but... if anyone wants a challenge and up to the task, you have no idea how much i'd appreciate it. These are documents i've been saving for a court trial that are now needed very soon and... i can't access them anymore... they were locked in case someone (the other party) tried to take my computer and access them... i made sure it would be impossible, but because of the time it's taken to need them... i myself have forgotten the actual passwords... help would be greatly appreciated...
Malefactor2000
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Creative 7zip cracker needed with good cause.

Post by hackuin60s on Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:07 pm
([msg=94168]see Re: Creative 7zip cracker needed with good cause.[/msg])

Password protected 7zip can be extracted using command line option.
The command is ' 7z e -y -p"your_password_here" your_7zip_file

So, as you mentioned, you have a decent dictionary to use, we can simply automate the process.

Here is bash script which does it.

Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash

echo '[-] Cracking Password:'
echo '**********************'
echo

while read LINE
do
   7z e -y -p"$LINE" your_7zip_file >>/dev/null 2>/dev/null
   if [[ $? == 0 ]]; then
      echo '[+] Password Cracked: ' $LINE
                exit
   fi
done < your_wordlist.txt

Best of Luck!!
Certified: RHCSA, RHCE, CCNA.
Free software" is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of "free" as in "free speech," not as in "free beer."
hackuin60s
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to General