Defaults List

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Defaults List

Post by comperr on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:52 pm
([msg=8584]see Defaults List[/msg])

Every computer or system has some kind of "default". This post is to track the defaults for as many systems as you can think of.

Here is what we want:
Vendor:
Model:
Version:
Access Type: Telnet/HTTP/...
Username:
PASSWORD:
Privileges: (Admin/user/guest..)
Default Change Required: does the system require you to change the defaults?
Limits: if the system allows you to change the defaults what are the limits? 3-5 char password...
Notes:
comperr
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Defaults List

Post by mutants_r_us_guild on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:59 pm
([msg=8585]see Re: Defaults List[/msg])

Hmmm... I know a great site with some info like this for routers:

http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html
mutants_r_us_guild
Poster
Poster

Post by comperr on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:47 pm
([msg=8627]see Re: Defaults List[/msg])

where do you think I got the idea from?

this thread --> adds more
this thread --> will be the start of an online app
comperr
Poster
Poster

Post by mutants_r_us_guild on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:53 pm
([msg=8628]see Re: Defaults List[/msg])

Will this be strictly computer-based.. or gadgets of all sorts... the only default pass i know off the top of my head is the PS2 parental control override code: 7444
and the linksys router pass: admin

but im sure that the list i posted has linksys on there.
mutants_r_us_guild
Poster
Poster

Post by moonloghtkiller on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:34 pm
([msg=21089]see Re: Defaults List[/msg])

A site my script kiddy friend showed me. There's some good info but you have to sift through the mindless crap there. Anyway, a huge list of passwords for all kinds of routers. Use "ctrl+f" cause it's freaking huge.
http://rahulhackingarticles.wetpaint.com/page/Default+passwords
Setsuna Sa Yori Mo Tooku He
moonloghtkiller
New User
New User

Post by mutants_r_us_guild on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:39 pm
([msg=21126]see Re: Defaults List[/msg])

moonloghtkiller wrote:A site my script kiddy friend showed me. There's some good info but you have to sift through the mindless crap there. Anyway, a huge list of passwords for all kinds of routers. Use "ctrl+f" cause it's freaking huge.

That site sucks because the owner plagiarizes. He stole an article I wrote on instructables back when i was like 13 lol.
mutants_r_us_guild
Poster
Poster

Post by moonloghtkiller on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:27 pm
([msg=21133]see Re: Defaults List[/msg])

mutants_r_us_guild wrote:
moonloghtkiller wrote:A site my script kiddy friend showed me. There's some good info but you have to sift through the mindless crap there. Anyway, a huge list of passwords for all kinds of routers. Use "ctrl+f" cause it's freaking huge.

That site sucks because the owner plagiarizes. He stole an article I wrote on instructables back when i was like 13 lol.

Exactly lol. It's like taking all the script kiddy info and plagiarizing it all into one place :lol:
Setsuna Sa Yori Mo Tooku He
moonloghtkiller
New User
New User

Post by eddyj on Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:42 pm
([msg=21227]see Re: Defaults List[/msg])

Doesn't bios have a default password which bypasses the passwords set on it by the user? like pheonix for pheonix motherboards/bios :P. I only ask cos my idiot of a brother (his motherboard be gigabyte btw, i built it and the boon broke it) anyway so he now needs to get into bios to change the boot device to linux as windows does not recognise linux and he wants to configure it so it boots on linux and then shows the option of windows or linux. Unfortunetly he put a password on it cos he don't trust me and he forgot him... anyway i told him to search for default bios passwords gigabyte, he came up short on results, however, was i right? my memories crap see's :(
eddyj
New User
New User

Post by thanaa on Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:48 pm
([msg=22813]see Re: Defaults List[/msg])

eddyj wrote:Doesn't bios have a default password which bypasses the passwords set on it by the user? like pheonix for pheonix motherboards/bios :P. I only ask cos my idiot of a brother (his motherboard be gigabyte btw, i built it and the boon broke it) anyway so he now needs to get into bios to change the boot device to linux as windows does not recognise linux and he wants to configure it so it boots on linux and then shows the option of windows or linux. Unfortunetly he put a password on it cos he don't trust me and he forgot him... anyway i told him to search for default bios passwords gigabyte, he came up short on results, however, was i right? my memories crap see's :(

Im sure you know this but theres jumpers on the mobo that will reset the bios settings(clearing the password).
thanaa
New User
New User

Post by 3nIGhost on Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:28 am
([msg=24990]see Re: Defaults List[/msg])

mmmm... what does the battery do that on the mother board isnt it for password purposes? i thought if you took the battery out you have a chance to change the password without the right password... But Deffinitely not sure just thought that thats how one of my friends hacked his own computer. just asking ?
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

|Theodore Geisel (Dr. Seuss)
3nIGhost
Experienced User
Experienced User

Next

Return to General