Got raided, stay legal guys, its not worth it.

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Re: Got raided, stay legal guys, its not worth it.

Post by cyberdrain on Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:02 pm
([msg=89856]see Re: Got raided, stay legal guys, its not worth it.[/msg])

Wololo wrote:Indeed. It is kind of strange how many resources they commit to cybercrime, way more then when they would try to track down someone who broke into your home, which to me seems to be a much worse crime to stealing some data or whatever.

I think it's because we've become so good at hiding they're having a hard time tracking most people.

Sometimes intent is more important than what was actually done. I guess they should be happy you didn't create a tool for what you did or every script kiddie would be doing the same. Besides, you could've done a lot worse with the information you got, e.g. there was no extortion or money involved, again no malicious intent. I'm sure that counts for something. I hope they're going easy on you, getting caught like this being a security professional is punishment enough imho.

Wololo wrote:I'm 25, which to be honest is way to old to get involved with bullshit like this, but guess i should have thought of that before!

I guess you age fast.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Wololo on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:12 am
([msg=89873]see Re: Got raided, stay legal guys, its not worth it.[/msg])

cyberdrain wrote:
Wololo wrote:Indeed. It is kind of strange how many resources they commit to cybercrime, way more then when they would try to track down someone who broke into your home, which to me seems to be a much worse crime to stealing some data or whatever.

I think it's because we've become so good at hiding they're having a hard time tracking most people.

Sometimes intent is more important than what was actually done. I guess they should be happy you didn't create a tool for what you did or every script kiddie would be doing the same. Besides, you could've done a lot worse with the information you got, e.g. there was no extortion or money involved, again no malicious intent. I'm sure that counts for something. I hope they're going easy on you, getting caught like this being a security professional is punishment enough imho.

Wololo wrote:I'm 25, which to be honest is way to old to get involved with bullshit like this, but guess i should have thought of that before!

I guess you age fast.

I also think its a matter of not getting on someone's radar. Should i have just dumped the database and did nothing with it, I probably wouldn't be here talking about this right now. If they got the capabilities to resolve your identity through the TOR network, imagine what else they can do..

It was just a stupid thing to hack social media accounts of journalists, get myself in the newspaper etc..of-course that will attract heat. Tomorrow is my first interrogation...i guess we will find out the consequences of a silly hacking spree soon enough...
Wololo
New User
New User

Post by _smk_ on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:20 am
([msg=89892]see Re: Got raided, stay legal guys, its not worth it.[/msg])

This is indeed a really interesting story. I'm really curious to know what is happenning with your case.
_smk_
New User
New User

Post by pretentious on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:15 am
([msg=89897]see Re: Got raided, stay legal guys, its not worth it.[/msg])

_smk_ wrote:This is indeed a really interesting story. I'm really curious to know what is happenning with your case.

Yeah same. I'm keeping to myself until the whole thing pans out and Wololo knows where he/she stands.
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
Can you say brainwashing It's a non stop disco
pretentious
Addict
Addict

Post by ghostheadx2 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:47 pm
([msg=89981]see Re: Got raided, stay legal guys, its not worth it.[/msg])

That's crazy. You just hacked a bunch of journalists for fun. Now your facing trials. That is fucked up.

-- Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:49 pm --

Just curious, what did you do on the Twitter account that got you caught?
ghostheadx2
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to General