School blockpage

General technological topics without their own forum go here

School blockpage

Post by RedFrey on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:13 pm
([msg=83021]see School blockpage[/msg])

I'm not an expert with this stuff and there's probably a lot of questions like this, but I have no idea how to get past this blockpage at school:

I didn't know where to post this, so I came here. If it's the wrong place, please tell me.
RedFrey
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: School blockpage

Post by Dagrzinthesmile on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:27 pm
([msg=83026]see Re: School blockpage[/msg])

In my school we just added "s" to http (so it would be https://www.youtube.com) but im not sure if it will work for you, but it's worth a shot
Dagrzinthesmile
New User
New User

Post by BB3235 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:25 pm
([msg=83034]see Re: School blockpage[/msg])

Hi
Have you tried setting up a proxy? Or using TOR(infact any other preinstalled web-browser on a thumb drive or hdd)? If not go try doing one of the above. :)
Brenton
BB3235
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:35 pm
([msg=83041]see Re: School blockpage[/msg])

While TOR is a possibility, I don't think there's a TOR app for Windows Phone. If both proxies and TOR aren't an option, a VPN might be another way to go. There are other ways to get around blocked Internet access, but they require too much preparation and knowledge for an easy fix.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by alvanorichie on Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:58 am
([msg=83091]see Re: School blockpage[/msg])

Or you can use free ip changer or hidemyass vpn.
http://www.bestvpnservice.com/providers ... _ass!.html
alvanorichie
New User
New User

Post by BB3235 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:31 am
([msg=83351]see Re: School blockpage[/msg])

cyberdrain wrote:While TOR is a possibility, I don't think there's a TOR app for Windows Phone. If both proxies and TOR aren't an option, a VPN might be another way to go. There are other ways to get around blocked Internet access, but they require too much preparation and knowledge for an easy fix.

When I posted I realized it was a mobile phone! :? Yeah as cyberdrain said there are ways to get around it... But it is not an easy fix, some research needs to be done for you to be successful.
BB3235
New User
New User

Post by _SwITcH_ on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:00 am
([msg=83448]see Re: School blockpage[/msg])

There are a number of VPN options from the phone, but you may find the ports used for this traffic are blocked at the network level, unless you can find one to tunnel over a standard allowed port (e.g. 80 or 443). It's also highly likely that any web based proxy sites will be blocked by the system too.

You might try accessing an international version of the page - for example youtube.pl (the polish version). If the filtering system is matching explicit domains (i.e. it's looking for "www.youtube.com"), you might get lucky and find a way around it.
_SwITcH_
New User
New User

Post by TheTechBrony on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:04 am
([msg=83449]see Re: School blockpage[/msg])

One interesting thing I found is that if you enter the specific URL of a video, it could get around the blockpage because of additional letters that the program thinks make it a different URL.
Portal is love.
Portal is life.
The cake is a lie.
Goomy has nothing to do with lines 1 & 2.
TheTechBrony
Poster
Poster

Post by cyberdrain on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:34 am
([msg=83453]see Re: School blockpage[/msg])

TheTechBrony wrote:One interesting thing I found is that if you enter the specific URL of a video, it could get around the blockpage because of additional letters that the program thinks make it a different URL.
_SwITcH_ wrote:You might try accessing an international version of the page - for example youtube.pl (the polish version). If the filtering system is matching explicit domains (i.e. it's looking for "www.youtube.com"), you might get lucky and find a way around it.

Yeah, those depend on the block implementation, but are simple things to always try first.

_SwITcH_ wrote:There are a number of VPN options from the phone, but you may find the ports used for this traffic are blocked at the network level, unless you can find one to tunnel over a standard allowed port (e.g. 80 or 443). It's also highly likely that any web based proxy sites will be blocked by the system too.

Tunneling is possible even over DNS if necessary and as far as I know the only way to block that would be to either block DNS access or filtering by deep packet inspection (which isn't likely to happen). The way I would set that up would be to use your own server or home computer as a tunneled proxy. This could usually get around systems where even the standard ports are blocked.

tbh I don't think Redfrey will be back, but as long as people keep posting interesting things here to get around censorship I'm all for continuation of this thread :D
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by christie32 on Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:34 am
([msg=97787]see Re: School blockpage[/msg])

I think you can access the block content in your using as fast VPN connection that is secure and safe. check website link https://www.fastvpnservice.com/
christie32
New User
New User

Return to General