Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this

Post by limdis on Thu May 16, 2013 5:48 pm
([msg=75620]see Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

----------------- Sun Jan 12, 2014 -----------------

New round starts February 1st 2014.

Ok, I've been seeing a lot of new faces lately, and lot of you are very new to hacking. I want to get another round of Metasploit Unleashed going again. From now until February 1st if you are new and want to learn some really cool stuff and/or have been putting off going through this course in the past, go ahead and get setup! On the 1st I'll open up an irc channel and we can go through the material together. IRC channel #metasploit

This is about as close to being mentored as one is going to get in the hacking world. :ugeek:

http://www.offensive-security.com/metas ... /Main_Page

----------------- Original Post -----------------

"The Metasploit Unleashed free online course was created to fill a gap in quality documentation on the practical usage of the popular and versatile Metasploit Framework. In keeping with the open-source nature of Metasploit, we provide this resource free of charge to the information security community. Assuming very little prior knowledge, Metasploit Unleashed leads the reader through the basics of penetration testing using the Metasploit Framework exclusively, beginning with an introduction to its various interfaces and commands and quickly diving in to more advanced usage, in typical Offensive Security fashion. Since it was launched, Metasploit Unleashed has proven to be extremely popular with newcomers to Metasploit and penetration testers in general. Although challenging, our team still maintains the site and ensures that the course content is current and keeps pace with the rapid development of Metasploit."

The idea behind this post is to get a few of us to go through the material together so as to benefit from each others ideas/issues. Wallshadow will be doing this with me and also joined in on the OSWP Certification and it was, for lack of better words, awesome, to be able to fire questions and variations back and forth at each other in preparation for the exam (to which we both passed).

So if you are interested, and willing to dive into some great material, let me know or just post here. You don't need to be experienced to join in if you are really wanting to learn. That's the idea anyway, to help each other out. We're planning on starting soon so speak up.

As before, if this takes off I'll sticky it.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this

Post by mShred on Thu May 16, 2013 7:55 pm
([msg=75625]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

What are we looking at timewise? I don't have the best schedule when it comes to things like this. Weekends though, I'm on top of it. Could potentially add this to my weekend projects.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by limdis on Thu May 16, 2013 10:28 pm
([msg=75626]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

Right, this wont be a set, "we do this on this day etc". We'll all start generally about the same time and keep each other going. It's going to be pretty laid back.

I've got several projects going on the side myself. Gotta make these videos happen. SS. Some PHP. Not to mention IRL stuff.
limdis

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri May 17, 2013 4:30 am
([msg=75628]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

limdis wrote:IRL stuff

AFK stuff* :lol:

Anyways, I am still looking forward to doing this course. I actually already did the first couple chapters in the course a while back.
Spreading knowledge just once a day, can help keep the script kiddies away ⠠⠵
no_hope if world.map{|person, ic = 0| ic +=1 if ignorance.include?(person)}.compact.length > (world.length / 2)
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by DrRoach on Fri May 17, 2013 6:45 am
([msg=75632]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

Can't wait to get some time to go through this and love the idea of going through it with you guys too :D
DrRoach
Poster
Poster

Post by limdis on Fri May 17, 2013 11:57 am
([msg=75633]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

Nobody else has to do this but I went ahead and ordered a copy of the book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1593272 ... eader-link

Everyone that knows for sure is in, go ahead and get the VM set up and ready to go. For now we'll keep all discussion in either this thread and/or in #coffeesh0p.

I think I'm going to start soon as book shows up (next week). I know Ninjex has already covered the first couple of chapters so if you are ready to go now, jump on it!

Still would like to see some more interest. :geek:
limdis

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri May 17, 2013 4:52 pm
([msg=75638]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

limdis wrote:Nobody else has to do this but I went ahead and ordered a copy of the book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1593272 ... eader-link

Everyone that knows for sure is in, go ahead and get the VM set up and ready to go. For now we'll keep all discussion in either this thread and/or in #coffeesh0p.

I think I'm going to start soon as book shows up (next week). I know Ninjex has already covered the first couple of chapters so if you are ready to go now, jump on it!

Still would like to see some more interest. :geek:

I have the book already, and I also have the metasploitable machine setup in my VM. I'm just waiting for the whistle to blow for everyone first. :D
Spreading knowledge just once a day, can help keep the script kiddies away ⠠⠵
no_hope if world.map{|person, ic = 0| ic +=1 if ignorance.include?(person)}.compact.length > (world.length / 2)
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by e3cb on Fri May 17, 2013 7:18 pm
([msg=75647]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

Glad to see everyone taking a liking to MSF! I use it alot, in the right hands it can be a massively powerful tool. If you guys want any help, have any questions, or just want me in the conversation feel free to ask!
:(){ :|: & };:
e3cb
New User
New User

Post by lucky 0xD on Sat May 18, 2013 4:58 am
([msg=75654]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

Book downloaded, metasploitable installed. ready to roll :)
lucky 0xD
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Thu May 23, 2013 12:53 pm
([msg=75751]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

Alright, so it looks like we've got:

Ninjex
Wallshadow
DrRoach
mShred
lucky 0xD
and e3cb to help out.

If you're waiting for a start shot, this is it.
I'll go ahead and sticky this and every so often check in on progress. If you get stuck/confused, do something cool, have something to add... etc, you get the idea, post it here. Take your time, don't rush any of it.

Anyone else can join in too! Those just seeing the thread this is not anything official. Just a few like-minded individuals upgrading our hack toolbox. :ugeek:
limdis

Next

Return to General