Writing a Web Service Client in Java

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Writing a Web Service Client in Java

Post by ghostheadx2 on Tue May 16, 2017 1:07 pm
([msg=93696]see Writing a Web Service Client in Java[/msg])

Hi, I started this java tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hqDMS-oJ9k

I already watched the first two tutorials before that, but in the third one I have to write some Java code, which I did and even changed it up a little so its my own style:

Code: Select all
package org.koushik.javabrains;

public class MyWebService {
   public static void main(String [] args){
      if (args.length == 1){
         String ipaddress = args[0];
         stub.getCountryName(ipAddress);
      }else{
         System.out.print("pass in IP");
      }
   }
}

When I tried the commands they gave me in powershell (I know totally stupid right?), I got similar but different results from what was in the video. This is because the video is OS X and I am using Windows to write my code.

I know on the other hand that there is more Java to write. What are the next steps in windows language? There are more tutorials, but they are not windows compatible.

Could someone please elaborate on this? Thanks.

Best,

ghostheadx2
ghostheadx2
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Writing a Web Service Client in Java

Post by pretentious on Tue May 16, 2017 6:26 pm
([msg=93698]see Re: Writing a Web Service Client in Java[/msg])

Java is platform independent so mac/linux/windows should make no difference. I'm on my iPhone right now and on a bus lol so I'm not going to cretique code at the moment but there are a million client server network socket tutorials on the web that are pretty easy to follow and don't require any special 3rd party libraries. I even have some stuff I wrote at uni i can walk you through but you know, bus and iPhone lol
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
Can you say brainwashing It's a non stop disco
pretentious
Addict
Addict

Post by ghostheadx2 on Tue May 16, 2017 7:17 pm
([msg=93699]see Re: Writing a Web Service Client in Java[/msg])

I actually had a choice between two assignments and I picked the other one, so this question is irrelevant because I'm doing the XML assignment, which I still need help on. I still want help on this question in order to learn my material better.
ghostheadx2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rachellemarie on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:23 am
([msg=96313]see Re: Writing a Web Service Client in Java[/msg])

"Many of Mexico's most significant matches arrive with Puerto Ricans--long thought of as a nation that likewise produces great boxers. Coaches who've been in the tournament a lot and understand how to advance. Soccer, which is also referred to as futbol in Mexico, is among the most well-known sports in the nation. The team couldn't get over all the injuries and suffered through a 15-19 season. With the new college basketball season only a couple of months away, there continue to be some intriguing questions surrounding programs across the nation. Players are limited to $1,000 per year for business appearances. The game hasn't been the same since. Theoretically, it should be more competitive with every passing second. Not only are you going to end up winning more games, this phentermine review but you're going to also understand how and why things are happening. Also, especially the very first game, you're looking at a real let down. The second game will happen at Trask Coliseum the subsequent season. Though it was initially built for the 1998 Commonwealth Games, it is currently a multipurpose stadium as well as the 25th biggest stadium on the planet. The points provided on the offer wall aren't worth your time or energy. Everybody's going to receive an opportunity to prove themselves,'' Rodriguez explained. An expected injury may also be so severe they never will be as good of a player since they were before the injury. Once more, injuries and absence of team chemistry played a huge role in the team's fortune. "
rachellemarie
New User
New User

informative

Post by johnwilliam5444 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:35 pm
([msg=96363]see informative[/msg])

Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this micro beads hair extensions information, is very helpful my friend.
johnwilliam5444
New User
New User

Post by MichaelBBoggs on Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:11 am
([msg=100122]see Re: Writing a Web Service Client in Java[/msg])

Well, I think you can write to a client by using the online writing services and for that, I also use these services for my work. Well, today I found https://topicsmill.com/term-paper/medical-term-paper-topics/ when I was looking for the Medical Term Paper Topics and I liked that so much because I can easily get the topics for my relevant niches. You can also try it if you ever face any problem regarding your topic search.
MichaelBBoggs
New User
New User

Return to General