server

Wired and wireless telecommunications networks and devices

server

Post by JrJarhead on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:28 pm
([msg=27189]see server[/msg])

i didn't really no where to put this so i put it here is there a way i can set up a dual booted server to where i can access my info through linux and windows
To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost.

Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice.
JrJarhead
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: server

Post by mischief on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:17 am
([msg=27206]see Re: server[/msg])

all you need to do is set up the right partition type. if you want an NTFS partition (native to windows), you can use the ntfs-3g driver with linux (which comes with most distros or easily obtainable) or you can make an ext3 partition and use http://www.fs-driver.org/index.html in windows.
The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
--Buddha
mischief
Poster
Poster

Post by smithmetal on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:25 am
([msg=27215]see Re: server[/msg])

mischief wrote:if you want an NTFS partition (native to windows), you can use the ntfs-3g driver with linux (which comes with most distros or easily obtainable)

Yea, or you could compile your kernel with NTFS file system support which gives you faster file access and more stability, on the expense of less features.
smithmetal
New User
New User

Post by JrJarhead on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:27 am
([msg=27220]see Re: server[/msg])

ok thanks

-- Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:04 pm --

ok well i'm setting up a lamp ftp server so if i used it with my laptop i would need linux but i need to be able to access it with windows so help please
To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost.

Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice.
JrJarhead
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to Telecommunications