Your dreams and aspirations...

Random things go here

Your dreams and aspirations...

Post by centip3de on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:17 pm
([msg=61017]see Your dreams and aspirations...[/msg])

There's been no good discussion topics lately, and quite honestly I love to discuss. SO, here you go:

What do you dream/aspire to do? Change the world? Hack the world? Destroy the world? Be the next Muhammad Ali? Fap until your d*** falls off? Whatever it may be, post it.

Personally, I'd want to become an acknowledged security/programming expert, and then retire in the country, and own two reindeer. How 'bout you?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: You're dreams and aspirations...

Post by Prince Of The Elite on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:49 am
([msg=61018]see Re: You're dreams and aspirations...[/msg])

As for me, I wished to be a well recognised programmer. I love programing a great deal rather than any thing else. I entered the world of hacking just because I loved to manipulate my machine the way I like. Anyway, actually I've changed my wish and now willing to be a good doctor. Programmers are not enough appreciated (regarding that i'm not in US). Most can't make a fine life with a programer career. Since that I no longer want to work as a programer,but I still want to be one though.
~~ ""Getting information off the internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant"" ~~

Prince Of The Elite
New User
New User

Post by goluhaque on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:05 am
([msg=61019]see Re: You're dreams and aspirations...[/msg])

Personally I would like to go on a long tour in a custom 1972 Gran Torino Sport. I even have thought out the Gran Torino. Green with a white stripe down the middle, a big supercharged block with a large intake sitting up front, and the entire thing's gonna be drive-by-wire. And yeah, Magnum500 rims.
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
(23:46:19) hauk: and "Ima punch you in the pecker"
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Post by edone automaton on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:38 am
([msg=61021]see Re: You're dreams and aspirations...[/msg])

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
-Bruce Lee
edone automaton
Poster
Poster

Post by sanddbox on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:07 pm
([msg=61066]see Re: You're dreams and aspirations...[/msg])

Well, I'm shooting to get into Stanford, and most big tech companies like Google/Facebook hire a lot of their staff from there, so I suppose I'll be working my ass off at one of those companies.

Long-term, I don't want to go into security as a profession, but I definitely want to keep it as a hobby.

EDIT: Also, I fixed the title because it was making me cringe.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Re: Your dreams and aspirations...

Post by Phantom Wolf on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:38 pm
([msg=61073]see Re: Your dreams and aspirations...[/msg])

I don't really care where I end up, as long as I can keep up with my hobbies. I really don't think I want to make a career out of any of them, though
"Well it isn't my fault. I shouldn't have been allowed to do something to crash it." "No, you shouldn't have been allowed to buy a computer in the first place"
Phantom Wolf
Poster
Poster

Post by centip3de on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:51 pm
([msg=61074]see Re: You're dreams and aspirations...[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:Well, I'm shooting to get into Stanford, and most big tech companies like Google/Facebook hire a lot of their staff from there, so I suppose I'll be working my ass off at one of those companies.

Long-term, I don't want to go into security as a profession, but I definitely want to keep it as a hobby.

Ha, guess I'll be competing with you to get into Stanford ;)

Sorry about the title >.<
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de
Addict
Addict

Post by goluhaque on Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:52 am
([msg=61092]see Re: You're dreams and aspirations...[/msg])

centip3de wrote:
sanddbox wrote:Well, I'm shooting to get into Stanford, and most big tech companies like Google/Facebook hire a lot of their staff from there, so I suppose I'll be working my ass off at one of those companies.

Ha, guess I'll be competing with you to get into Stanford ;)

Sorry about the title >.<

Same here, but I don't think I am gonna get in, coz I am an international FinAid candidate.
Anyway, looks like there are some freshmen here.
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
(23:46:19) hauk: and "Ima punch you in the pecker"
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Post by br3tt0 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:21 am
([msg=61098]see Re: Your dreams and aspirations...[/msg])

Short term: I'm busy finishing off my degree in Computer Science, so a job would be nice. Just need to get some proper industry experience and start earning some cash.

Long term: I plan to own a company where little code monkeys will do all the work and I get all the profits and have time to take up my hobbies seriously.
br3tt0
New User
New User

Post by acevic on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:59 am
([msg=61100]see Re: Your dreams and aspirations...[/msg])

I wish to expand my current business and start a private military firm including pentesting units and highly trained system admins. I have always enjoyed the idea of providing a one stop private and corporate security solution.
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
for.
acevic
Poster
Poster

Next

Return to Off-Topic