Linux and Kali Linux

There are many different operating systems; which one will you choose?

Linux and Kali Linux

Post by Master1243 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:26 pm
([msg=92158]see Linux and Kali Linux[/msg])

I am an arising Hacker, and recently I have been doing my research and I have found that Kali Linux and Linux are essential for a hacker. I am currently using a Windows 10 computer. I want to know how it is to change OS systems. Any Help?

Thank You.
Master1243
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Linux and Kali Linux

Post by 0x557vm on Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:14 pm
([msg=92159]see Re: Linux and Kali Linux[/msg])

Master1243 wrote:I am an arising Hacker, and recently I have been doing my research and I have found that Kali Linux and Linux are essential for a hacker. I am currently using a Windows 10 computer. I want to know how it is to change OS systems. Any Help?

Thank You.

You can use wmware and download iso,it's no much differences between vmware and real OS system.and if you do something wrong to let your system breakdown,snapshot could restore your system,it's very convenient.Maybe you should learn something about basic linux operational orders,thus you can use kali fluently.
By the way,win 10 just is shit...
:)
0x557vm
New User
New User

Post by Ayr3s on Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:57 pm
([msg=92160]see Re: Linux and Kali Linux[/msg])

Ok, I'm probably just having a bad day, but let me say some things:
- Linux is great
- Kali linux is a great distro for getting quick access to a lot of hacking tools.
Now, I believe everyone that looks these two things up would know that. The thing is: Linux doesn't make a hacker, and neither does Kali linux. Everyone seems so obsessed with Kali for some reason... pretty much any mature distro will have all those tools in the repos, so you're one command away from getting whatever you want with virtually any linux distro.
Having linux might make some things easier, but, hell, you don't even need a computer to start hacking. The best tools you can get are your own mind, google/whatever search engine you like and really hard work.
Please don't take that the wrong way, I'm just kind of tired of everyone being obsessed with kali linux...
Ayr3s
New User
New User

Post by Jbraithwaite on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:44 am
([msg=92164]see Re: Linux and Kali Linux[/msg])

Linux is useful. It has things that a Windows PC doesn't, however, a Windows PC also has things that Linux doesn't too. You don't need Kali specifically to do stuff. I use a Raspberry Pi sometimes.

Much like playing Battlefront on the Xbox. Each level and game requires a different blaster and star card set.
In training....
Jbraithwaite
Poster
Poster

Return to Operating Systems