Linux VS Windows

There are many different operating systems; which one will you choose?

Linux VS Windows

Linux
70%
Windows
30%

Total votes : 158

Re: Linux VS Windows

Post by GogaOEP on Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:43 pm
([msg=1364]see Re: Linux VS Windows[/msg])

I use both, but I use windows more, because it has direct x for my games, and microsoft office, which is alot better than open office or any other alternative out there imo.
My signature is like Schrödinger's cat. Its here and its not.
GogaOEP
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Leafman on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:05 pm
([msg=1407]see Re: Linux VS Windows[/msg])

My laptop has Linux, but I'd have a dual boot with windows (for ms games & tools lol) If MS wouldn't be so completely ridiculous and incapable of installing (as in Dual boot) on my laptop with Linux already on it.
Leafman
New User
New User

Post by ELorenz on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:13 pm
([msg=1409]see Re: Linux VS Windows[/msg])

If you're running xp you can dual boot with linux installed first. That's how I have mine set up. I'm running Ubuntu though. The main thing it does is just set your windows drive to F which makes some software installation a bit screwy if it automatically tries to install to C, which has become your Linux partition. For Ubuntu you just have to use Grub and go in on the live cd and change some boot parameters after you install Windows.
ELorenz
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by griallia on Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:00 pm
([msg=1463]see Re: Linux VS Windows[/msg])

I personally would like to try everything to get my hands on Linux. Linux is open source, edited by the community. It's everyone's software, not Microsoft. Linux also needs more games and stuff, which Windows pwns at.

Windows for games, But Linux is better.

Windows is a corporation, all their energies are spent into making money. That doesn't mean that they will provide the best security.
But developing Linux is not a bad idea either. From the people, by the people, for the people. That's all I want to hear.
griallia
New User
New User

Post by SP534 on Sat May 03, 2008 7:44 am
([msg=1966]see Re: Linux VS Windows[/msg])

Well I get the best of both worlds, dual boot linux and windows, but I do use Windows more, for the gaming and I basically know way more about it than linux, so I know my way around pretty well :D
SP534
New User
New User

Post by GuGaBoY on Sat May 03, 2008 10:25 am
([msg=1973]see Re: Linux VS Windows[/msg])

Well I get the best of both worlds, dual boot linux and windows

I do the same, but I use windows only for college and office work (AutoCAD and similar) and linux for coding, surfing on the net, etc.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge..." Albert Einstein
GuGaBoY
New User
New User

Post by bludstem on Sun May 04, 2008 6:42 pm
([msg=2120]see Re: Linux VS Windows[/msg])

i prefer Linux I'm currently using Ubuntu also have used Fedora core 6 as well as Fedora 8
bludstem
New User
New User

Post by jt141990 on Sun May 11, 2008 5:28 am
([msg=2246]see Re: Linux VS Windows[/msg])

like everyone has stated it is to much of a common arguement it all depends and varies from task to task for multimedia editing I like windows vista home premium but if im hijaking a wifi network or fingerprinting or finding old data and penetration testing then I would go with my copy of backtracks 3 beta an amazing copy of an old os brought back to life and stronger than ever formaly known as slacks os.
jt141990
New User
New User

Post by hex_wannabe on Tue May 13, 2008 12:15 am
([msg=2331]see Re: Linux VS Windows[/msg])

Well I'm still only a teen, so windows has the attraction of gaming... and it's all thats used on the school network... and everywhere else I go.
So for me its still windows, however since everyone says linux is so great I've installed ubuntu on one of the computers in my 'lab' though I haven't really had a chance to play with it yet. Decided to go with ubuntu over the other breeds of linux because it's GUI, and I want to ease myself into a new OS rather than being stranded with a terminal and slowly being engulfed by an army of of foreign commands.
But hey, each to their own I guess.
http://www.netninja.co.nz - My writing forum
hex_wannabe
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Serovlade on Wed May 14, 2008 5:24 am
([msg=2419]see Re: Linux VS Windows[/msg])

Linux is a better OS for those who want to learn. Windows is simply for normal computer users and for gamers. I use them both.
Serovlade
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Operating Systems