Network Gateway Discovery

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

Network Gateway Discovery

Post by joy13975 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:27 am
([msg=67378]see Network Gateway Discovery[/msg])

Hello all,
I am new here; please tolerate my shortcomings to meet your standard :) thank you.
I have also done a lot of searching but haven't got a clue...

In this tread I would like to ask if anyone knows a way/script/program to discover all the possible gateways (not default gateway on a computer!!!) to THE INTERNET (external) in a LAN/ switched VLANS, or alternative ways to hopefully help me achieve my aim.

Users need to first log-in to Aruba (some sort of security controller/switch), then log-in to Squid Proxy and then only they can have internet access, which is severely restricted. Without loging into Aruba all a user has access to is the interal servers' VLAN (2).

My main aim is to find a way to access internet without being restricted by the Aruba switch, the proxy, the pfsense and any firewall present. I am granted permission to try this but I won't dwell elaborating so.

My situation:
I have admin access to all the switches (my network is heavily supported by switches) and root access to 1 internal backup-server on the servers' VLAN (2). I cannot ping any of other users on my VLAN (7) nor on other VLANs (1-14), but everyone can ping the internal servers' VLAN (2) and the switch VLAN (1) and server VLAN (2) can ping everybody.

P.S. it will be great if someone can point me how to enable inter-VLAN and LAN access through configuring the switches :)

Thanks for reading, if anyone does..
joy13975
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Network Gateway Discovery

Post by anarchy420x on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:30 am
([msg=67408]see Re: Network Gateway Discovery[/msg])

I think pretentious or limidis can help you. If I remember correctly, they are pretty familiar with networking.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by joy13975 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:52 am
([msg=67415]see Re: Network Gateway Discovery[/msg])

Are they forum members? I have tried looking them up but couldn't find..?
joy13975
New User
New User

Post by anarchy420x on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:47 am
([msg=67416]see Re: Network Gateway Discovery[/msg])

Their names may be spellt differently; Someone will help, just give it a minute.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Return to Networking