Not sure if this was as the result of a virus

The constant threat: viruses, trojans, spyware, ... the list goes on

Not sure if this was as the result of a virus

Post by acantho on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:47 am
([msg=42238]see Not sure if this was as the result of a virus[/msg])

or just corruption - my money is on a virus !

audio/mp3TPE1 Monty Python's Flying Circus Talb !!
Monthy Python SingsCOMM
after that there is about 5 or 6 sets of numbers of the form 000000116 etc

and the whole of a word document (before and after that) is full of giberish e.g. winding type fonts

I would imagine what's meant to happen is you open the document (or try to) and a gif of Monty Pthons Flying Circus pops up and sings a stupid song.

It's an old document I had opened to get some information from, but I have another copy of it in an exterior HDD so it's not a worry as such and I know my comps clean of virus/malware etc as is the other HDD (but I'll check anyway).

I acctually found it kind of funny when I had a quick scroll through the file and the Monty Python words jumped out at me.
I'm curious to get the Monty Python singing, but not curious enough to reanamate a virus which is obviously of the destructive type.

I can understand malware that is just an annoyance e.g. redireting a browser, a stupid little prog that say pops up a little gif every so often, they are more the programer showing off his/her skills and usually easily removed. But the ones that destroy peoples documents/OS/other progs I just don't understand the mentality behind them - don't think I ever will - it's just wanton vandalism.
acantho
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Not sure if this was as the result of a virus

Post by sanddbox on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:30 pm
([msg=42252]see Re: Not sure if this was as the result of a virus[/msg])

acantho wrote:I can understand malware that is just an annoyance e.g. redireting a browser, a stupid little prog that say pops up a little gif every so often, they are more the programer showing off his/her skills and usually easily removed. But the ones that destroy peoples documents/OS/other progs I just don't understand the mentality behind them - don't think I ever will - it's just wanton vandalism.

Evolution. If the people that get viruses have their computers made useless, well...there won't be many more successful viruses ;)

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Re: Not sure if this was as the result of a virus

Post by acantho on Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:01 pm
([msg=42269]see Re: Not sure if this was as the result of a virus[/msg])

lol, but then the virus writers would die out due to lack of "food" I supposes it's a win win situation :lol:
acantho
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to Malware