Backdoor.Tidserv!inf How do I get rid of it ?

The constant threat: viruses, trojans, spyware, ... the list goes on

Re: Backdoor.Tidserv!inf How do I get rid of it ?

Post by acantho on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:24 pm
([msg=40172]see Re: Backdoor.Tidserv!inf How do I get rid of it ?[/msg])

Sorry Goatboy, I knew it would be classed as piracy if I just posted the info hence the only offering it via PM. Just the hassle it's been / still is causing me I was happy to help anyone else out who had a virus that they need something like that prog to get rid of it.

But I did manage to get rid of the infected files, only probs now is that it has deleted two files in the process netbt.sys and sscore.dll now I'm not sure what those files do or who important they are, but the first one is a driver file and I know the second is a dynamic libaray link. If anybody knows anything about them please let me know - I've posted on the MS vista forums so might get an answer in the next couple of weeks via them :roll:

The other problem I'm having with having to have 3 atttempts to log in is due to some problem with Vista itself - it's been noted on the MS site but nobody seems to know why it happens. So my next mission is to sort that out ! It is something to do with the Security Identifier (SID) associated with an account. To be on the safe side I've now added another user account with full admin privilages so that if I cant log in at all I'll at least have access at admin level via another logon.

There is info on what to do, but as it's 22.22 here and I've had a couple of beers watching the footie I'll leave it till tomorrow.

But again thanks for your inputs guys, much appreciated.
acantho
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Malware