Looking for advice

The constant threat: viruses, trojans, spyware, ... the list goes on

Looking for advice

Post by TechinOut on Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:57 pm
([msg=99489]see Looking for advice[/msg])

Hey everyone, I am very new to this site and to hacking ethically. I have been doing programming for about five years and feel like I have at least a basic understanding of many different languages. Also I have some experience with putting together a website and database. I would like to learn more about computer security and am looking for any suggestions as far as books or some other form of content.

Right now I am using Linux and have figured out how to spoof IP with VPN, DNS, Mac Address, and proxychains. I don't know if spoofing matters in ethical hacking or if their is anything left to spoof. My main concern at the moment is trying to run Nmap with proxychains to scan a virtual machines IP. I have some vulnerable software installed on this machine for testing purposes and finding open ports not filtered by firewall. Within the command I am specifying TCP ports and using conditions. I do get a result from the scan but my proxychains keep getting denied and also timeout. This is what I am entering into Nmap "proxychains nmap -sT -Pn -n -sV -p 21,22,23,25,53,80,110,113,443,1723,3389,8080 <My IP Address>".
TechinOut
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Malware