Cryptography Missions

The fear of every surveillance society: citizens protecting their own privacy with strong cryptography

Cryptography Missions

Post by -0mega- on Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:53 pm
([msg=11356]see Cryptography Missions[/msg])

A few years back I was on this site on an other account, and I can swear that I saw cryptography missions.

So if I am actually right and not just confusing this with another site.

1.: What happened to the crypto missions?
2.: Are they still available somewhere?

If I am wrong and I confused this with another site, I suggest adding a few cryptomissions that aren't crackable 1-2-3.
-0mega-
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Cryptography Missions

Post by Nines on Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:15 pm
([msg=11357]see Re: Cryptography Missions[/msg])

There certainly were cryptography missions. However, they were removed and putting up new missions, unfortunately leaves us in an annoying situation:

1) We have it whereas points are awarded to the first 10 users to solve the problem.. But then new users are unable to gain points this way.

2) We have it in a similar style to logic/app/stego missions, using a static answer.. Then answers are shared or posted online.

3) We have dynamic crypto problems.. Then certain people get easier problems, since if they are randomly generated, it's hard to control what the user gets, not to mention, two people working together would have two problems to look at, so the method of encryption is easier to deduce.
Nines
Poster
Poster

Re: Cryptography Missions

Post by TheMindRapist on Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:23 pm
([msg=11362]see Re: Cryptography Missions[/msg])

Or we remove points entirely and everybody whines :/
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Crypto