Hydra Syntax Question

Discuss the security implications of the various flavors of linux and unix

Hydra Syntax Question

Post by zillman on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:31 pm
([msg=83395]see Hydra Syntax Question[/msg])

I am trying to learn the hydra sytax. If I try on my sports account, I get 10 passwords back that are all wrong. what is wrong with my syntax?

hydra -l <myusername> -P rockyou.txt *target removed* http-post-form "/DefaultLogin.aspx:username=^USER^&password=^PASS^&submit=Submit:Incorrect"
zillman
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hydra Syntax Question

Post by cyberdrain on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:54 pm
([msg=83397]see Re: Hydra Syntax Question[/msg])

old thread wrote:hydra -l <myusername> -P rockyou.txt *target removed* http-post-form "/DefaultLogin.aspx:username=^USER^&password=^PASS^&submit=Submit:Incorrect"

new thread wrote:trying to brute an old account of mine, because cust service is no help. using kali and hydra.

site is*target removed* viewed source and came up with this, but Its give me 10 matching passwords right off the bat that are wrong? any idea what is the syntax issue?

hydra -l <myusername> -P rockyou.txt *target removed* http-post-form "/DefaultLogin.aspx:username=^USER^&password=^PASS^&submit=Submit:Incorrect"

How is this different from your last post and why don't you post in that thread? This constitutes as a double post.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by zillman on Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:07 pm
([msg=83398]see Re: Hydra Syntax Question[/msg])

Well sorry there Mr. Forum Police... Someone said I should post in the Linux OS Section, so I did. Guess you damned if you do and damned if you don't. I guess this forum is more about bashing people and replying with "how you should post" than actual help. Try to learn and ask a decent question to increase knowledge and people just reply with there 2 cents and opinions rather than help a person. Its a shame.
zillman
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:42 am
([msg=83400]see Re: Hydra Syntax Question[/msg])

I don't get it.
The other thread was getting attention, and you didn't even bother to respond to my question.
Maybe if you responded, I could had helped you.
(And by the way, you are fucking lucky to be getting attention/help with this anyways as that site is not yours, and your thread should probably be locked and sent to the graveyard, so instead you should be grateful)

So again, why are you searching for failed login text when there isn't any?

Did you ever think the whole ':incorrect' portion, of the command is there to tell hydra when the user/pass combination wasn't correct, and that when it doesn't receive that from the page, then it assumes it's going to be correct.

I was trying to help you before, and you didn't even respond. How are you going to expect people to help you, when you will not communicate with them.
For those that know
K: 0x2CD8D4F9
-Ninjex-

Return to *nix