Windows 10 cmd prompt flash too fast to read

The ubiquitous operating system, discussion of its (many) flaws, and how to mitigate the risks of those flaws

Windows 10 cmd prompt flash too fast to read

Post by ZeroKusel on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:21 pm
([msg=91631]see Windows 10 cmd prompt flash too fast to read[/msg])

Just got an asus laptop g75 with windows 10 on it. Noticed a few sound issues right away and updated all the drivers I could possibly find. Installed steam and went through my usual routine of putting the same programs on that I have used for years. After finishing that I have noticed 3 times now in the last 24 hours where what looks like a cmd command prompt/dos box pops up...some words flash on it like a program is running and then it disappears. It is too fast for me to read and I will eventually try to capture the screen.

When I google for answers I find absolutely nothing for anyone on windows 10. I've seen a few people in the past with various answers but all are with older operating systems.

Anyone have any ideas? I have literally nothing I put on here that I wouldnt normally have. The only startup program running that I have never used before is some sound suite 2...but I doubt this is what is causing it.

-- Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:50 pm --

I may have answered my own question so Ill write this out in case anyone else is wondering. Another user on another forum had a similar problem and capped a screen shot. A program called driverutilityupdate by acer was what was flashing for them. I uninstalled that and will update if I no longer see the flashing command prompt.
ZeroKusel
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Windows 10 cmd prompt flash too fast to read

Post by limdis on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:02 pm
([msg=91634]see Re: Windows 10 cmd prompt flash too fast to read[/msg])

+1 for posting the solution you found.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Re: Windows 10 cmd prompt flash too fast to read

Post by abdulbadii on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:39 am
([msg=95131]see Re: Windows 10 cmd prompt flash too fast to read[/msg])

it's not pure win 10 OS, it's infected with malware running VB or Java or cmd scripts, that's why when one of these get triggered it launches the console which immediately get closed.. Beware ! replace and install a new original one right off!
abdulbadii
New User
New User

Return to Microsoft Windows