NEW CHALLENGE

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

NEW CHALLENGE

Post by Heliocentric on Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:27 pm
([msg=6092]see NEW CHALLENGE[/msg])

well ive been able *Hypothetically* to glitch myself into Novell at my administrators network
i was wondering if there were any *Hypothetical* ways to get into novell without signing into my acount..or to disable it...(without going thru safe mode, or when im already signed on to an account)
Heliocentric
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: NEW CHALLENGE

Post by nathandelane on Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:52 pm
([msg=6154]see Re: NEW CHALLENGE[/msg])

Simple solution? See if you can get a copy of either Novell syntax or the software itself, use it, learn it, figure out if there are vulnerabilities based on what you see. For example, it is often possible to hack a console if you are physically at the server - Red Hat Linux and BSD Unix both have relatively simple ways of allowing you to reset the root password, but you must be sitting at the server, not a remote console. There are of course ways to hack them if they haven't been properly secured externally as well...that is I'm sure there are. Novell is "just a network operating system" - the key to hacking an OS is to know the OS, the commands, the way it operates, etc. If you can find a loophole in any of that remotely, then there you have it - but I'm pretty certain somebody has also published an exploit somewhere. Then there's always social engineering, but all too many network administrators are probably all the wiser to that approach...then again, they are running Novell Netware.

Cheers.
Me, Nathandelane, Highly influential to Hackerdom, Premature Optimization=http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PrematureOptimization
nathandelane
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Networking