computers on a local network

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

computers on a local network

Post by jeffjc1 on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:12 pm
([msg=10339]see computers on a local network[/msg])

is it possible to access my roomies computers while they are on my wifi connection?? if it is how, and what would i be able to do?? thanks.
jeffjc1
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: computers on a local network

Post by TobiasGray on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:21 pm
([msg=10397]see Re: computers on a local network[/msg])

It depends what OS you're using, and they're using, and wether they're set up for wireless networking. Vista would show that in the Network and Sharing Center, and OSX would show something either in the finder under 'shared' , or connecting to a server; this requires you have the registered name of their computer, though.

Hope that helped. x
"This is the worst day of my life."

"Correction, the worst day of your life so far"

- Homer Simpson
TobiasGray
New User
New User

Post by beagle on Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:38 am
([msg=10762]see Re: computers on a local network[/msg])

"This is the worst day of my life."

"Correction, the worst day of your life so far"

- Homer Simpson

LOL, I know this is totally off topic, but I just wanted to say that your quote rocks. I am a huge Simpsons fan.
Back on topic, TobiasGray pretty much said it. If your using Windows Vista, you're in luck.
Also, a great way to have fun on a network is to use a tool called TamperData, which is a plug-in for Mozzila Firefox.
What TamperData does is it allows you to mess with all the internet requests he sends out. Say, for example, he searches on google for potato farms. You will get a little message box with all the information about his request, and you can change his search terms from potato farms to the Liechtenstein home page.
Just download Mozzila Firefox here http://www.mozilla.com/products/download.html?product=firefox-3.0.1&os=win&lang=en-US , if you don't already have it.
Now, download Tamperdata here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/policy/0/966/33806
Have fun!
beagle
Poster
Poster

Post by iscaspar on Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:34 pm
([msg=10775]see Re: computers on a local network[/msg])

hop on his pc sometime and share all his files.. then hop back on yours and hope he wont notice it. I have done it before.
iscaspar
New User
New User

Return to Networking