School Network Speeds

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

School Network Speeds

Post by drumbum360 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:09 pm
([msg=10230]see School Network Speeds[/msg])

I'm at college and the network connection speed I have is 100mb/s. I just ran a speed test because I've noticed its even slower than my service at home which is about 10mb/s and found that my download speed is only 925 kb/s down and 446 kb/s up. Why is it so slow and is there anything I can do to speed it up? The rest of the student population isn't even on campus yet so there is hardly any internet usage happening right now. Thanks.
drumbum360
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: School Network Speeds

Post by IRISHSPAZZ on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:50 pm
([msg=10233]see Re: School Network Speeds[/msg])

I don't know what school you go to but i would hedge a bet that it is going kinda slow because your school is only allotted so much bandwidth. if there are to many people using the internet at the same time it will bog down so to speak. and cause the connection so slow. that would be my guess, if anyone else knows anything else or more then that cool.
IRISHSPAZZ
New User
New User

Re: School Network Speeds

Post by azusa on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:04 pm
([msg=10605]see Re: School Network Speeds[/msg])

I went to mtsu and that is the largest school in tennessee we only had T1 at that school and a lan line and wireless. the lan was so slow because everybody had there 360's, ps3's and wiis hooked up, then the wireless was slow because everyone else was on that cause the lan was to slow.

that maybe the issue also for you
azusa
New User
New User

Return to Networking