learning network security

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

learning network security

Post by emerald_orb on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:26 pm
([msg=93875]see learning network security[/msg])

Hi-

What's the best way to learn about network security? Some months ago I read this book. It was useful but largely alien to me. I've now set up a few computers I have to act as a client, server (both are Raspberry Pis), and a couple attackers (laptops - one computer's running Kali, the other Black Arch). All of them are going through a simple router I have. My intention is to establish and break communications between the computers respectively and have the depth of security increase in a kind of cyclical manner. I'm also learning the necessary cryptography concepts. I've heard of GNS3, but I want something hands-on. Am I missing something? Am I masochistic and/or insane?

Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!

-- Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:45 pm --

I may have found an answer. This might be old hat to some:

http://overthewire.org/wargames/
emerald_orb
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: learning network security

Post by TheresaDee on Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:02 am
([msg=98671]see Re: learning network security[/msg])

Network Security interesting thing but if you wanna know real network security so should get a job some network work security firm you know professionally how they work recently I worked with USA VPN company I learned many techniques how they secure their tunnel and how they work they are playing with different cryptographic module my suggestion you must work someone of them your network security skill will polish
TheresaDee
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Networking