Handshake Quesion.

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

Handshake Quesion.

Post by Fif0 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:57 am
([msg=94855]see Handshake Quesion.[/msg])

Once I have recieved the handshake from my target network is there any reason to stay while I run the dictionary? Like say I went to my friends house to test his security and I aquire my hanshake can I go home while running the dictionary or do I have to stay put? Thanks
Fif0
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Handshake Quesion.

Post by NamekianUnix on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:22 am
([msg=94931]see Re: Handshake Quesion.[/msg])

Short Answer: Once you have the handshake you can leave.

Once you have the 4-way handshake, the cracking process for WPA/WPA2 attacks is entirely offline. Routers simply can't handle the brute-forcing you're about to inflict upon that handshake. The offline brute-force is undetectable since its on your machine and not interfering with the router or its connected clients, and you have all the time in the world to crack it. Provided the password doesn't change during that time.. That would make your handshake worthless, and you'd have to get a new one.

Friendly reminder: Make sure you have your friend's permission to test his security ^-^
NamekianUnix
New User
New User

Re: Handshake Quesion.

Post by Shaka by on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:02 pm
([msg=95018]see Re: Handshake Quesion.[/msg])

Fif0 wrote:Once I have recieved the handshake from my target network is there any reason to stay while I run the dictionary? Like say I went to my friends house to test his security and I aquire my hanshake can I go home while running the dictionary or do I have to stay put? Thanks
Shaka by
New User
New User

Return to Networking