Page 3 of 17

Re: Javascript Mission 7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:15 pm
by mutants_r_us_guild
crayaku wrote:
mutants_r_us_guild wrote:three words:

DOM


iv googled it

Document Object Model am i on the right track???



yes you are.

Re: Javascript Mission 7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:16 am
by Spy-MasterX
the way iv'e tried decode it is by going in the url bar :

[Edited by: Defience--script removed;number removed]

and ir returns: FromCharCode,write
and all for all the numbers i get the number * back.

Re: Javascript Mission 7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:09 am
by Defience
Spy-MasterX wrote:the way iv'e tried decode it is by going in the url bar :

[Edited by: Defience--script removed; number removed]

and ir returns: FromCharCode,write
and all for all the numbers i get the number * back.

Re: Javascript Mission 7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:32 am
by sketchbook
thanks for the hint mutants, but i've been looking around and i cant seem to find anything about how to use it, any advice??

Re: Javascript Mission 7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:50 pm
by mutants_r_us_guild
sketchbook wrote:thanks for the hint mutants, but i've been looking around and i cant seem to find anything about how to use it, any advice??


Okay... since that mess of letters and numbers has to be decoded for the browser to execute it, then the plaintext code must be stored somewhere... you need to find the DOM source.. whats actually being displayed to you.

Re: Javascript Mission 7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:58 pm
by sketchbook
okay, i think i understand that, but why do people say i need to open a new tab for each translation and where does that fit in if the DOM source should in my mind come up on one page?

Re: Javascript Mission 7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:06 pm
by Arrexel
Polundra-NL wrote:[Quoted Spoiler Removed. -Insomaniacal]


Although I solved this the easy way, I enjoy approaching a challenge from more than one aspect. I figured out what this script was very quickly, and I went to work encoding it. Took a while, but got the same result.

If this is for some reason a spoiler, by all means edit the crap out of this post... Although I wouldn't understand why Polundra's post wouldn't be, if this one was.

-Arr

Re: Javascript Mission 7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:08 am
by Caretta
I did this challenge in one minute. [Edited by: Defience] But now i am really interested in to real solution how you encode and decode obfuscated code? I really liked that style and i can use it in my projects :)

Re: Javascript Mission 7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:02 pm
by crayaku
Caretta wrote:I did this challenge in one minute. [Edited by: Defience] But now i am really interested in to real solution how you encode and decode obfuscated code? I really liked that style and i can use it in my projects :)


lol iv been on this one for a week i understand it but my tools wont decoed it eney help??????

Re: Javascript Mission 7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:12 am
by Robbinski12
Vermin would do, instead of JS

Lol, I think a lot of people would flag this as unhelpful, but it can be helpful