Javascript Mission 7

Learn the basics of how to exploit JavaScript.

Re: Javascript Mission 7

Post by TheTrueMaster on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:04 am
([msg=67014]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

mShred wrote:Most people aren't going to do it this way. You don't need notepad or a hex editor for the Javascript missions.

I know that but its sooooo simple that way because its basicly hex code with crap added in
completed the game

my games site
http://www.skweekz.sexyi.am/swf
TheTrueMaster
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by mookalovesgloop on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:26 pm
([msg=69144]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

so i just completed this mission using firebug....in other words, i completed this mission by doing nothing...does anyone feel like pm'ing me as to how i would complete this mission by actually using javascript?
peace and blessings!
mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Post by limdis on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:38 pm
([msg=69149]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

mookalovesgloop wrote:so i just completed this mission using firebug....in other words, i completed this mission by doing nothing...does anyone feel like pm'ing me as to how i would complete this mission by actually using javascript?

Nobody should be using firebug for these missions as it entirely defeats the purpose of learning some javascript injections. Not bashing you but saying in general to all those that wish to do these missions. Anyway here is a hint for you:

Just because you can't read what is happening doesn't mean that it cannot be read. Clearly it has to be otherwise the script would fail. The hint is; "Obfuscation?!!" Read into what that is and you will see that it does not work like a normal encryption. It has to keep the integrity of the script or again the script would fail. So since javascript has no issues with reading through this mess as you see it, and it has no problems reading English, you need to make javascript show you what it reads in a way that you can understand.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:38 pm
([msg=69160]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

mookalovesgloop wrote:so i just completed this mission using firebug....in other words, i completed this mission by doing nothing...does anyone feel like pm'ing me as to how i would complete this mission by actually using javascript?
peace and blessings!
mooka

You can actually write a javascript program that does the work. That's what I ended up doing anyways. Learned a good amount about javascript at the time and how this was obfuscated.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by Jesus1233 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:46 pm
([msg=70484]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

I tried using the build in dev tools with google chrome to "pretty up" the source but there wasn't any information to do it.

anyways, I went the old fashion way with a table and note pad and converted it by hand lol... I do have to say, I'm new to javascript but that was a pretty cool mission.

hint for the people having trouble, its right in front of you in the page source.. Just separate out the un-needed info.

IF thats too much info mod it.
Jesus1233
New User
New User

Post by M3SSI4H on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:41 pm
([msg=71084]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

All you need is the source code and your adress bar...
M3SSI4H
New User
New User

Post by b4yu4d4 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:05 am
([msg=71560]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

solved it..but i don't know how you can do it? is it like ajax? is it because the addContentLink? im so interested...pm me if anyone can explain to me...
b4yu4d4
New User
New User

Post by not_essence2 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:58 pm
([msg=71568]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

I remember an obfuscated script once. I was super-frustrated, so I just did something completely random with the URL bar that I never thought would work, and the script was un-obfuscated instantly in the resulting page, as clear as day. You couldn't imagine my surprise.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Post by Bladeof_grass on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:54 pm
([msg=71615]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

just get firebug for firefox, and use it.
Bladeof_grass
New User
New User

Post by corbonium on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:37 pm
([msg=72900]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

Bladeof_grass wrote:just get firebug for firefox, and use it.

OR, you could try learning something. The part I've been struggling with is figuring out certain javascript functionality, and i've seen others having the same issue, so heres a link that cleared things up for me: objects as associative arrays

I did not see this on w3schools, but I can't claim I looked very hard before turning to google.
corbonium
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Javascript