Program tracing tools

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Program tracing tools

Post by 8bithacks on Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:50 pm
([msg=98626]see Program tracing tools[/msg])

Hello Everyone,

The end game is to be able to read the contents of an encrypted text file. I have a program that is extensively used to model electronic circuits. The circuit models are text files, and increasingly are being provided with encryption.

I would like to be able to read the contents of this encrypted text file and simply copy it, so I can use in another model program - none of us like to have 5 different circuit simulators just to model a particular vendors device. The ideal world would have all unencrypted models where we can all use in the simulator of our choice.

The simulator program reads in the encrypted text file and has an option for the user to view it. If the text file is unencrypted, it simply allows me to view the text file and change parameters. If it is encrypted it will say, "Encrypted contents. Cannot view."

Are there tools that allow one to trace commands that are executed within the program itself to see if I can reverse engineer how the "View Model' command is implemented. Maybe see if it is doing something different with unencrypted and encrypted text files?

Any reading materials that you think would help point me in a direction are also welcome.

:?:
8bithacks
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Programming