Why can't I convert this assembly file into C or Python

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Why can't I convert this assembly file into C or Python

Post by ghostheadx2 on Fri May 22, 2015 12:49 pm
([msg=88149]see Why can't I convert this assembly file into C or Python[/msg])

I have to convert an assembly file into C language or Python, to make it easier to read. I'm having trouble using this decompiler.

https://retdec.com/decompilation/

The problem is it gives me this error:

Code: Select all
The input file seems to be a text file. We only support decompilation of binary files. If you want to compile a C source code into a binary file and then decompile it, use the "C Code" input type instead or Python code..

Lol. How sad that I thought I had to do it in pure assembly because it was an assembly file. Its AT&T syntax I believe because of the frequent use of the "%" sign. At least, that's what I read in terms of the difference between that and Intel syntax.
ghostheadx2
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Why can't I convert this assembly file into C or Python

Post by Turn on Fri May 22, 2015 1:03 pm
([msg=88150]see Re: Why can't I convert this assembly file into C or Python[/msg])

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12263#p88148

I'm not trying to sound rude here, but maybe you should really invest some time learning how this stuff works. If you want to print out a value in assembly, go learn assembly. I'm going to assume that your 'assembly' file probably isn't valid either. Shortcuts will not make you any smarter.
Social Engineering:
<cen> .lua print ('Tsyn 9.47.-u 3 12 5')
* slickery has quit (User has been banned from HackThisSite (Attempting to use a SpyBot))
* cen has quit (User has been banned from HackThisSite (Attempting to use a SpyBot))
Turn
Poster
Poster

Re: Why can't I convert this assembly file into C or Python

Post by ghostheadx2 on Fri May 22, 2015 1:10 pm
([msg=88153]see Re: Why can't I convert this assembly file into C or Python[/msg])

Your right. Got it.
ghostheadx2
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Programming