Can Java be used for hacking?

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Can Java be used for hacking?

Post by ghostheadx2 on Wed May 06, 2015 2:58 pm
([msg=87946]see Can Java be used for hacking?[/msg])

I'm wondering if there is any way to use Java for hacking. I know its used for hexadecimal encryptions (or at least, I THINK it is). Is Java hacking advanced?
ghostheadx2
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Can Java be used for hacking?

Post by Turn on Wed May 06, 2015 5:10 pm
([msg=87953]see Re: Can Java be used for hacking?[/msg])

You could literally hack with any given language. The efficiency of the language is another question. To answer your question and the question about efficiency, yes Java is fine.
Social Engineering:
<cen> .lua print ('Tsyn 9.47.-u 3 12 5')
* slickery has quit (User has been banned from HackThisSite (Attempting to use a SpyBot))
* cen has quit (User has been banned from HackThisSite (Attempting to use a SpyBot))
Turn
Poster
Poster

Post by ghostheadx2 on Wed May 06, 2015 11:12 pm
([msg=87957]see Re: Can Java be used for hacking?[/msg])

How to hack with Java. When I Google it, I just get JS results.
ghostheadx2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iblist on Thu May 07, 2015 1:07 am
([msg=87961]see Re: Can Java be used for hacking?[/msg])

The same way you hack with any language; you write tools that hack things for you.
Those who create and rely upon brilliant and complex creations are often destroyed by some idiot plugging an infected usb stick somewhere they shouldn't have.
Iblist
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by ghostheadx2 on Thu May 07, 2015 2:06 am
([msg=87966]see Re: Can Java be used for hacking?[/msg])

What type of project could I start working on after I'm done with summer school in Java, that would let me hack things?
ghostheadx2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pretentious on Thu May 07, 2015 5:35 am
([msg=87968]see Re: Can Java be used for hacking?[/msg])

ghostheadx2 wrote:What type of project could I start working on after I'm done with summer school in Java, that would let me hack things?

Write a hex editor or something
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
Can you say brainwashing It's a non stop disco
pretentious
Addict
Addict

Post by Turn on Thu May 07, 2015 5:37 am
([msg=87969]see Re: Can Java be used for hacking?[/msg])

ghostheadx2 wrote:What type of project could I start working on after I'm done with summer school in Java, that would let me hack things?

You need to understand that programs are (mostly, but not always) things created to automate processes. You need to actually figure out how to find vulnerabilities, and then how to exploit them. The next step would THEN be to create a program to automate the process of this, which in many cases is nearly essential for efficient exploitation (i.e, large dictionary attacks). Depending on what type of hackery you are doing, you might want to learn different methods of exploitation which corresponds to that software/application. It's not like you tell Java: "Hey, attack this server!". You need to be explicit and tell Java all the steps needed to make that process happen. So again I will iterate, learn to exploit something manually, and then proceed to automate it using Java. Some simple projects could be something like an XSS/SQLi identifier or dictionary/lookup attacks; however like most things, these can be made more difficult by allowing more functionality.
Social Engineering:
<cen> .lua print ('Tsyn 9.47.-u 3 12 5')
* slickery has quit (User has been banned from HackThisSite (Attempting to use a SpyBot))
* cen has quit (User has been banned from HackThisSite (Attempting to use a SpyBot))
Turn
Poster
Poster

Return to Programming