Basic Mission 11

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Basic Mission 11

Post by FlavorJ on Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:24 pm
([msg=97998]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

For the record, this still works. You are literally given the password. You get a confirmation page when you get it right.

If you're still lost, look up famous comedy routines from the 30s for help with the riddle.
FlavorJ
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by reedgoossens on Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:51 am
([msg=98003]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

haha....You know this mission is known as one of the very unsolvable missions throughout the hackthissite's forum
:D :D :)
reedgoossens
New User
New User

Post by mackgold on Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:08 pm
([msg=98011]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

The mission is not broken....fuck you if you posted it was broken
mackgold
New User
New User

Post by mackgold on Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:10 pm
([msg=98012]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

berme2hack wrote:Hi guys, definitely the .h******** file everyone is searching for seems to be gone. Anyway the problem can be solved, just keep going as if you did that step and read carefuly the final text :roll: . Good Luck to everyone! :D

This is not true! It works properly
mackgold
New User
New User

Post by infinite_redirect on Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:31 am
([msg=98048]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

Ugh, so cheesy! :lol:
infinite_redirect
New User
New User

Post by Jin-Tsen on Wed May 29, 2019 5:05 am
([msg=98302]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

Ia'm confused, yesterday I spent all evening solving this riddle. I found most rather quickly, including the "riddle page". And I actually figured out the riddle pretty much immediately, but it didn't work. Today when I checked, the text in the same "riddle page" had changed, and now it worked, using the same solution to the riddle but with the new text. Could someone explain?
Jin-Tsen
New User
New User

Post by und3x on Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:46 am
([msg=99000]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

I GOT REALY MAD AND THIS IS WHAT I DID
Googled for url folder scanner online and found this:
e/l/t/o/n/?
I don't get how to and it's already second day...

Updated

I continued my search and I got to the login page
thank to - https://kb.iu.edu/d/amej

To be continued
und3x
New User
New User

Post by zozzle on Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:54 pm
([msg=99021]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

For those still stuck, rest assured, or more likely frustrated, that the challenge is not broken. It is completely solvable at time of posting. IMO this challenge is challenging for all the wrong reasons. There's a lot of different levels and a strong implication from the hint in the very first post which will lead you astray.

Hint 0: Finding the login page should be straightforward from the hint in the first thread post. Don't overthink this step.
Hint 1: The Apache file exists and is accessible but it's not where you'll naturally expect it to be. Don't give up.
Hint 2: Should be obvious from all of the previous posts (one even gives the answer explicitly) but look at the song names coming up, they have something in common. Once you've figured that out, how might you store a music library using a simple directory structure? How would you organise it? Maybe the website organises them in the same way.
Hint 3: The Apache file you found is now useful.

That last part is the bit that fucked me off. It's implied that you use the access file to look for a hidden directory structure or password file, but (arguably a spoiler) you're just supposed to work out the hidden directory by a little deduction then trial and error. Then to add insult to injury you're presented with a riddle at the end (I did like the attempt to mislead here, but I'm too pissed off about the earlier hidden directory shit to be positive about this mission). Anyway, challenge is still solvable but cheap and unsatisfying.
zozzle
New User
New User

Post by darthciupy on Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:47 pm
([msg=99456]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

The last part was super confusing, but not broken. Massive facepalm :oops:
darthciupy
New User
New User

Post by TheLastDon22 on Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:23 pm
([msg=99470]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

This was a fun one. Thanks guys. This took me about an hour to work through after reading this thread. The only thing that really confused me was getting to the directory structure. Is this how people really organized music back in the day? I don't remember that. I still don't understand why the directory structure is like that. Don't overthink the riddle at the end.
TheLastDon22
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Basic