Basic Mission 9

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Basic Mission 9

Post by veerhackter on Mon May 09, 2016 10:32 am
([msg=92294]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

Ascaron70 wrote:i guess for this one i have to trick the script ,
for that it must not find "<--" , but why is it using that one ?
shouldn't it be checking for "<!--" ?

i think there is somthing with this " <-- " see your result after submiting " <-- ". but dont know going in right dirction. :cry: :?:
veerhackter
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Alazuk88 on Thu May 12, 2016 7:24 pm
([msg=92313]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

Just so people are aware. "<--" is a typo. Don't try using it in the injection. Nothing will happen. It'll just see it as a string instead of a command. Use "<!--" like you did in Mission 8. Also, it took me a while to do it because the directories were very confusing to me. I was on the right track, I simply needed to add two characters in order for it to work. The people saying you should sketch out the directories are right. It will help you a lot.
Alazuk88
New User
New User

Post by laughing_man_93 on Mon May 23, 2016 1:14 am
([msg=92353]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

Woohoo! Solved this one, too! For all the people who have solved mission 8 and are still stuck on this mission, read the comments that tell you to draw out the directory tree. Ultimately, that was how I solved this problem. Take a deep breath, step away from your computer, and draw out what you think the directory structure looks like in a tree diagram. In particular, look at where the files for mission 9 are relative to the location of the files for mission 8. For those of you who have said the files are parallel to basic/8/, you may have forgotten that you aren't inside basic/8/. You're actually inside basic/8/tmp. Hope this helps, and good luck! :P
laughing_man_93
New User
New User

Post by KonanTheBarbarian on Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:54 pm
([msg=92566]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

mShred wrote:
Jbraithwaite wrote:Think about how you completed 8 and then apply the same logic, however, sometimes you don't work on a mission directly and have to look back at something you've done. Kind of a hint there :)

This. If you need more specific help, PM me.

I was wondering if I could PM you. I completed the mission but I'm not entirely sure that I did it the way I was intended to.
KonanTheBarbarian
New User
New User

Post by Prookl on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:30 pm
([msg=92717]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

laughing_man_93 wrote: you may have forgotten that you aren't inside basic/8/. You're actually inside basic/8/tmp. Hope this helps, and good luck! :P

Simple detail I forgot, was kicking myself after.
Prookl
New User
New User

Post by Ghezzi on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:45 am
([msg=92775]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

Funny level...i found a little difficult beacause i'm italian :)
Ghezzi
New User
New User

Post by Dr_Alphabet on Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:00 pm
([msg=92812]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

r3congized wrote: I didn't even realize what wasn't allowed for 8 would be allowed for 9 due to how you were checking with your script.

this was the only tip I needed. took me 2 hours for question 8 and 10 minutes for question 9. :geek:
Dr_Alphabet
New User
New User

Post by astrojimmy on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:38 pm
([msg=92962]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

so i have tried to use the <!-- commands in combination with the execute commands and then put cd ..; cd ..; ls -a but this doesnt seem to work? :cry: we are currently learning unix in school but it seems that the commands are being read as string rather than commands. any help on how to cause them to be read as commands would be much appreciated.

ok. the deed has been done
astrojimmy
New User
New User

Post by Liberi Lunae Luciferae on Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:40 am
([msg=93019]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

Spent an agonizing amount of time wondering why my directory navigation wasn't working... looking back, I made a typo. So to anyone else who's pretty sure they know what they're typing, both think and check again! Also, Unix structure is rather unforginving, and I learned it in a setting that was more forgiving and fluid. Double-checking the documentation on syntax for whatever it is you're doing will many times help you realize why your otherwise perfect code is going horribly wrong.
Liberi Lunae Luciferae
New User
New User

Post by BasicPanda on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:23 am
([msg=93802]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

Easiest one by far even though it left me stumped for a bit. I was looking up directory traversal and reading up on HTML attacks; I was way off. I took a step back and redid mission 8, and re-visited the nature of the script like suggested. Perfection is the key, realize that if you try it, and it doesn't work, it means that the answer isn't 100% correct. Note your current environment or document if necessary.
BasicPanda
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Basic