Basic Mission 8

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Basic Mission 8

Post by Burned Ice on Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:41 am
([msg=89250]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

After some time I knew what to do, it was all about altering what I had. I had the right command all along but I had a small syntax error, and I think that a lot of people here get stuck on that error as well without realizing it. Yes, it was frustrating at some point.

but

I think mission 8 has a great design, because it only allows the necessary commands it forced me to look deeper into how these commands work and their variations. I learned more than I needed to complete the level. Well done guys!
Burned Ice
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by ChemicalToilet on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:11 pm
([msg=89386]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Ok, I've been on this mission for 2 days now and I'm completely stumped. I know it's right in front of me but I just can't quite get it. I had no SSI experience before this, but after reading through this thread I got to the list of files and feel like I know exactly what to do, it's just not letting me execute the right command to get to the directory I need. Can I PM someone for some help?
ChemicalToilet
New User
New User

Post by ChemicalToilet on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:15 pm
([msg=89387]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Posting a second time so I can use the PM system as well haha.
ChemicalToilet
New User
New User

Post by soiliapiffin on Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:56 pm
([msg=89498]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

fahraynk wrote:So the reason I had trouble with this... and it was so annoying, is that single quotation marks gives you the "your on the right track" msg, but double quotation marks works !

ie : ' command that gets you password ' gives you that message but
: " command that gets you password " works.

thats just...ugh.

Omg... This is exactly the problem I was having as well. Had me stuck for hours thinking I was going crazy.
soiliapiffin
New User
New User

Post by etherealnothingness on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:53 am
([msg=89513]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

I completed the mission but have a question for an admin/moderator. Who can I PM?
etherealnothingness
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:35 am
([msg=89514]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

etherealnothingness wrote:I completed the mission but have a question for an admin/moderator. Who can I PM?

Feel free to shoot me a PM regarding any questions you ever have.
For those that know
K: 0x2CD8D4F9
-Ninjex-

Post by Djungo on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:44 pm
([msg=89620]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

I did hours and hours of research on this level, trying to access a specific directory and now that I finally solved it (by haphazardly searching other directories), I don't get why we're told to check this directory !!!

Can someone explain this to me ? It's very frustrating to know that I could have saved so much time by just ignoring what appeared to be a hint !
Djungo
New User
New User

Post by NETWORKsecurity on Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:18 am
([msg=89622]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Djungo wrote:I did hours and hours of research on this level, trying to access a specific directory and now that I finally solved it (by haphazardly searching other directories), I don't get why we're told to check this directory !!!<br><br>Can someone explain this to me ? It's very frustrating to know that I could have saved so much time by just ignoring what appeared to be a hint !

What? You did accessed that directory but I think I know what confused you feel free to pm me or someone on irc :D
NETWORKsecurity
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Djungo on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:02 am
([msg=89660]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Just posting something so I can send PM :mrgreen:
Djungo
New User
New User

Post by hydev on Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:50 pm
([msg=89663]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

I've done my research, i know what to list dirs and stuff. I just can't seem to get it exact to the point the whitelist asks. I've tested my commands in a shell and they work fine, just when inserted into the box it doesn't match the specific that's required thus sends me to the "your in the right direction" page. e.g. i can get a list of the .shtml files, anything else just sends me away.

Edit: NVM figured it out lol
hydev
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Basic