Need help learning how to manipulate/convince

Social engineering is the art of manipulating people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. While similar to a confidence trick or simple fraud, the term typically applies to trickery for information gathering or computer system access and in most cases the attacker never comes face-to-face with the victim.

Need help learning how to manipulate/convince

Post by yeni_ceri on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:50 am
([msg=94943]see Need help learning how to manipulate/convince[/msg])

Ok, for starters, I must say what I am saying next isn't illegal, but it is morally grey area.

I'm not trying to harm this person, but if somehow you don't agree with what I am doing please do not respond, I will explain myself, but if I see that I have hate speech here (I got plenty of hate speech because of this before, I will delete/ ask to delete/ abandon this thread forever and possibly this board. Be advised that although I'm a fairly nice guy 95% of the time, I have this side of me that is highly manipulative. But I will try to be honest at least.

I won't reveal any names of any data that may compromise or hurt me or that person.

----

I've met a girl online, lets call her Lauren, me and Lauren we have friends in common, but a few years down the road we had a misunderstanding where we both tried to cyber bully each other and I ended up being the most "effective" on that. We ended our friendship and she decided not to talk to me anymore.

Later I realized I shouldn't have played her game or try to be the "bigger man", and for years, every year I tried to send her an apology e-mail every year to an old email she had.

So after a few years, a friend of us both, made me a proposal, that person would give me her current email, address and cellphone number for me to try make amends and in exchange that person is for me to never reveal who he/she was, he also had the another two request,that person made swear never to make her harm and never reveal her data to nobody. I agreed.

It is not a secret between our group of friends that I want to compensate her somehow, and I think she knows it to some extent. I know she received my messages because she sent me a tweet this year asking me to leave her alone. So far so long I only sent her an e-mail per year for a total of seven years, plus 3 tweets and I visited her blog. And she knows about that, because she personally request me not to visit her social media and blog she even told me she has a tracker in her blog and knows I visit it.

I haven't done her harm, neither I want, but it is a personal desire of mine to make amends and restart our friendship again because I want to somehow compensate her for my wrongdoing. I know I am being selfish, but I want to learn how to convince her, and I'm willing to give it effort and time.

Does anybody has any material/hints about how to do it?

Thanks!

Ps: Please refrain from giving me moral lessons, I made up my mind, I won't even answer them.
yeni_ceri
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Social Engineering