What's Wrong With This World?

Random things go here

What's Wrong With This World?

Post by bjvanwash on Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:07 am
([msg=4673]see What's Wrong With This World?[/msg])

What's wrong with our world today anyway? Everyday I see something different. 18 year old girls (or sometimes younger) pregnant, employees treating customers like they don't give a shit, people driving insane (those that do are more likely to get into an accident and possibly kill someone), kids at the age of 8 or younger telling other kids to f**k off, and much much more. What is up with that?!?
bjvanwash
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What's Wrong With This World?

Post by D3STROY on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:16 am
([msg=4696]see Re: What's Wrong With This World?[/msg])

haha idk but i know what you mean
D3STROY
New User
New User

Post by bjvanwash on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:15 pm
([msg=4750]see Re: What's Wrong With This World?[/msg])

I was just wondering what everyones thoughts and comments were about this. By the way, I went to a store today and asked for a certain product and the lady said, "We've never carried that here before!" I was like, "That's bullshit! I've bought this here many times, so don't you dare tell me you've never carried it before!" What the hell is wrong with people???
bjvanwash
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by OneArrow on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:49 am
([msg=4795]see Re: What's Wrong With This World?[/msg])

People only intentionally hurt others when they perceive themselves (correctly or incorrectly) as being hurt by them. So I'd say there are two big parts to the problem. First, many don't realize that what they're doing is unacceptable (eight year olds telling each other to fuck off, for instance). I'd fault those responsible for teaching (primarily parents) for this.

Second, we often incorrectly perceive that someone is actively trying to harm our social/emotional/physical/spiritual well-being, when they may well have made an honest mistake. This can be resolved if we all applied Hanlon's razor to our everyday lives (to paraphrase, "don't assume malice when stupidity would suffice"), and if we were all-and-all less tweaked out all the time. Stress shortens your fuse, it's a fact, and we all have a lot of it. Unfortunately, we tend to be bad at dealing with it, and this only escalates the problem when we snap (which is why, to continue the bomb metaphor, it's a volatile weapons cache when we're all packed in rush hour traffic).

But that's just my take on it, I'm interested to hear what others think.
OneArrow
Poster
Poster

Post by Zarray on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:15 am
([msg=4798]see Re: What's Wrong With This World?[/msg])

animal instinc i guess, most people do wathever they think is best for them or waht they believe in without looking to other people..
Free Web host, 100gb bandwidth, 350mb space, no ads
http://www.000webhost.com/50327.html
Zarray
New User
New User

Post by rangarkash on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:54 pm
([msg=4810]see Re: What's Wrong With This World?[/msg])

Maybe you're interacting with the wrong people..
rangarkash
New User
New User

Post by mudpuddle on Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:23 pm
([msg=4830]see Re: What's Wrong With This World?[/msg])

Humans are morally, socially, politically, and mentally, corrupt nowadays. You have gay marriages, terrorism, crime, murder, hate on your fellow man, racism, and much, much more.

Anyone who says that the world is great is honestly just full of themselves. Sure, there might be one or two good things out there, but the majority of it is absolute chaos. Just watch the news, and you'll see. Most people's reactions to that is "It's not that bad, it's on the other side of the world". Well, that is exactly my point. North americans over here with their finger in their tight asses, when the government they have is somewhat protecting them, but causing more harm at the same time.

I could go on, and on, and on, and on. But the bottom line here is that the world is in a state of complete turmoil.
mudpuddle
New User
New User

Post by mudpuddle on Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:27 pm
([msg=4831]see Re: What's Wrong With This World?[/msg])

It's gonna get worse over time, just watch.

I find that people who contribute the most to the corruption is the media. They honestly never fuck off, they tell people "This is how YOU should look, everybody is watching and commenting, you need my product to look amazing for them and look 'good' ".

That is absolute corruption at one of it's finest angles. I don't give a shit what people think of me, and I'll tell the media to take that phony product and shove it up their phony asses.
Last edited by mudpuddle on Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mudpuddle
New User
New User

Post by liuyuan on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:16 pm
([msg=4837]see Re: What's Wrong With This World?[/msg])

The only thing that is wrong with the world is yourself.

A student got 100% on a philosophy essay paper that was supposed to argue what's wrong with the world.
He wrote only one word. "Myself."

People are dying everyday, people are getting raped everyday. Who are we to care about the whole entire world? There are over 6 and a half billion people in the world. What is screwing up a test compared to the ending of a high school relationship? Then what is a broken heart compared to a broken back? Then what is a paralysis compared to getting raped? What is getting raped compared to mother infected with STD that gave birth to a child with STD, and dies, leaving him as a orphan?

Everything is wrong in this world. At the same time, nothing. It all depends on how you look at it and your personal value. Therefor the logic of arguing what wrong with it is faulty. Instead of arguing what's wrong with it, find your personal value, and eliminate what you don't want to see in the world.
ImageImageImage
liuyuan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by mudpuddle on Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:05 pm
([msg=4840]see Re: What's Wrong With This World?[/msg])

I'm not one to get into philosophical arguments on the net, so I'm gonna say this and leave it at that.

That statement you made was 100 % false. No matter how you look at something, as positive as you want to be, some things in life you cannot control. No matter what, some things will eat away at your soul, and even if you are strong enough to fight it, yes attitude is a big part of it, but it's whats inside if you that accounts. Sometimes, you have to be vicious, you have to be angry, and you have to look inside yourself. If you live a nice life for yourself, wealthy and all, but don't bother to help anyone else at all, the people who are in need, then you're just like the rest if them. And world corruption does not just refer to physical sickness. It can be mental, physical, forms of abuse, war, or just straight up disrespect and disregard for human life and the common person that you see in everyday society.

Sorry if it seems like I came on a little too strong, I just don't agree with what you said.
mudpuddle
New User
New User

Next

Return to Off-Topic