Star craft 2

Got something to share about your favorite games? Strategies? Game codes? Discuss gaming topics here!

Star craft 2

Post by omicrom on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:46 am
([msg=40891]see Star craft 2[/msg])

I thought that the game needed its own thread so I posted it here.

In addition i am always looking for competition and some team members. I am not uber macro but i like to have fun and like to win.

Anyways go crazy post vids, storys, trash talk, or rant about your fav race.

my life for aiur

PS You are always on my overmind
omicrom
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Star craft 2

Post by neuromanta on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:28 am
([msg=40892]see Re: Star craft 2[/msg])

I'm waiting for this game like crazy since I completed the zeratul secret mission in brood war. I read all novels and can't wait to see how the story will progress. I tried the beta, this will be a real masterpiece.
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

Post by thedotmaster on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:52 pm
([msg=40934]see Re: Star craft 2[/msg])

Blizzard (though probably due to influence from Activision) raped this game of all of its worth. Removing LAN, forcing you to use their servers and splitting the game up into 3 games for the 3 campaigns. All about money, not about improving upon what is one of the best video-games ever created.
Makes me sad to see companies turn that way.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by aqvilifer on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:45 pm
([msg=40937]see Re: Star craft 2[/msg])

Wait, no LAN in SC2? D:

Also, I would say that the biggest reason Blizzard has gone to shit isn't fully the Activision deal, more likely it's the success of WoW. Things started to change even before Activision came into play.

The SC2 beta is fun; Though, I only have access to the melee maps.
aqvilifer
New User
New User

Post by omicrom on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:42 am
([msg=41060]see Re: Star craft 2[/msg])

Activision does blow and no doubt it is all about the money but at the end of the day that is all any commercial game is about. All you can do is vote with your wallet on stuff you like and stuff you dont. If the other expansions are weak and clearly a money grab i am going to have to pass on um.

I thought the demo was pretty solid. Zerg were to boring to me. It didnt feel like they had any end game weapons besides the ultralisk(oooo soo scary) and the brood lord which was cool but nothing a little aa couldnt handle. But everyone else felt pretty good.

I still cant wait for it to come out.
omicrom
New User
New User

Post by YVW on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:53 am
([msg=41064]see Re: Star craft 2[/msg])

actually LAN is back.. so does chat channels and playing on different regions..
I played the beta and I have to say it's one of the best games I've played, played the first a lot either..

I play as Zerg for now..
YVW
New User
New User

Post by randomdjd on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:16 am
([msg=41277]see Re: Star craft 2[/msg])

If lan aint back SC 2 will miss something great. From my experiences the best fun in gaming comes from lan games
randomdjd
New User
New User

Post by thedotmaster on Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:44 am
([msg=41286]see Re: Star craft 2[/msg])

YVW wrote:actually LAN is back.. so does chat channels and playing on different regions..
I played the beta and I have to say it's one of the best games I've played, played the first a lot either..

I play as Zerg for now..

I was under the impression that you had to hire out a server from Blizzard for private use or use a public server.
To combat "piracy". Personally, I'd think this would force more people to use a cracked copy.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by FGon on Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:29 pm
([msg=42715]see Re: Star craft 2[/msg])

thedotmaster wrote:Blizzard (though probably due to influence from Activision) raped this game of all of its worth. Removing LAN, forcing you to use their servers and splitting the game up into 3 games for the 3 campaigns. All about money, not about improving upon what is one of the best video-games ever created.
Makes me sad to see companies turn that way.

Sorry, to come down on this but Blizzard let players vote between joining the three campaigns and skimming some story or making the campaigns individually epic, guess which one won? The LAN part I'm pretty upset about myself.
FGon
New User
New User

Return to Gaming