How to hack mikrotik hotspot wireless System

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

How to hack mikrotik hotspot wireless System

Post by saski92 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:49 am
([msg=29614]see How to hack mikrotik hotspot wireless System[/msg])

Hello

Does anyone know How to hack mikrotik hotspot wireless System ?
I know changing mac address but its really not cool ;)

I want to get username/password of the client
saski92
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How to hack mikrotik hotspot wireless System

Post by Muskelmann098 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:53 am
([msg=29626]see Re: How to hack mikrotik hotspot wireless System[/msg])

Why do you need to know? Pentesting? Forgot your password?
Just remember:
Disclaimer :
HackThisSite does not support illegal activities.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.

Anyway, I'm assuming you want to change the administration password so you can get back in. To do that you have to get into the router configuration. Do that by connecting to the wireless network, opening a browser, and typing "192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1" It should come up and ask you for a username and password. If it has not been changed before, Google search your router's name (manufacturer, model) and find the admin password.

If cannot connect to your router, I suggest you look up WEP cracking.
Muskelmann098
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by sandsphinx on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:00 pm
([msg=29627]see Re: How to hack mikrotik hotspot wireless System[/msg])

Muskelmann098 wrote:Why do you need to know? Pentesting? Forgot your password?
Just remember:
Disclaimer :
HackThisSite does not support illegal activities.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.

Anyway, I'm assuming you want to change the administration password so you can get back in. To do that you have to get into the router configuration. Do that by connecting to the wireless network, opening a browser, and typing "192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1" It should come up and ask you for a username and password. If it has not been changed before, Google search your router's name (manufacturer, model) and find the admin password.

If cannot connect to your router, I suggest you look up WEP cracking.

Muskelmann098 you are obviously a new user,how do you expect him to abide the TOS if you quote the TOS and then tell him how to do it anyway?
sandsphinx
Poster
Poster

Post by Muskelmann098 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:11 pm
([msg=29628]see Re: How to hack mikrotik hotspot wireless System[/msg])

Sandsphinx wrote:Muskelmann098 you are obviously a new user,how do you expect him to abide the TOS if you quote the TOS and then tell him how to do it anyway?

When you put it that way, it sounds like a bad idea :D. The thought however, was that there are legit reasons why you could enter your router configuration and change passwords. I didn't know about it myself until I read a thread here on the forum. I guess you could say it is posted for educational purposes. I do not describe how to/or encourage him to do something illegal with my answer. That same information is also stated many places on this forum, and i couldn't see any harm in answering his question with information that can be found with a simple search.

Of course, if you think it is unsuitable, please tell me, and I will edit my post. If a mod feels for it, please edit as well ;-)
Muskelmann098
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by sandsphinx on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:17 pm
([msg=29632]see Re: How to hack mikrotik hotspot wireless System[/msg])

it was just funny how you quoted the TOS and then went ahead and did it anyway... Beat advice i can give is to stay away from questions like that.
I mean, you never know what trouble you can get in, and excuse me for acting superior, im not exatcly the best on this site from a long shot...
It was just weird, but on the good side, you answered back pretty well...
Another tip is that if you look at how many posts the user has, in this case and alot of others they only post 1, or this is there first, because they are looking for ways to do illegal activities....
sandsphinx
Poster
Poster

Post by Muskelmann098 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:27 pm
([msg=29644]see Re: How to hack mikrotik hotspot wireless System[/msg])

^^ TOS serves as a warning and a disclaimer for my answer. If he decides to do anything illegal with my advice, then it is his own choice and he will have to do it without support from me or HTS.

Thanks for the advice, though, I don't take it as acting superior ;-) . I guess staying away is a good tip after all, but one thing that annoys me is that some questions like these can have two sides. Many times if there is a good, interesting question raised in a dubious way, people don't want to answer it because it COULD be used for something illegal. While some would go ahead and break the law with it, others could need it very much for legit reasons, and in my opinion they have a right to know. The answer to a question is not only for the topic starter, but also for anyone who comes to a forum filled with excellent computer info for help with their own issues. If someone is desperately out to learn out to learn how to f*ck up someone else's computer, then they will find out sooner or later, whether we answer their questions or not.

So anyway, I don't mind being corrected, and please don't take this as any disrespect, but not all people are out to screw up things for others. Although you do have a good point with the post number ;-) .
Muskelmann098
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by mischief on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:16 pm
([msg=29672]see Re: How to hack mikrotik hotspot wireless System[/msg])

mikrotik has plenty of documentation on their website. if you have a real (and perhaps pertinent) question, by all means, please ask.

and for the rest of you: a pecil can be used as a lethal weapon, but also to make beautiful things. we don't take people's pencils away simply because somebody killed someone with a pencil.

(and don't argue with my metaphor. >:[ )
The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
--Buddha
mischief
Poster
Poster

Return to Networking