Off topic from "App 13 contains a virus"

Bad threads go here

Off topic from "App 13 contains a virus"

Post by b0r15 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:00 am
([msg=29019]see Off topic from "App 13 contains a virus"[/msg])

I dont understand why people use wind0z at this level of learning. If your serious about security/hacking/engineering,etc move to Linux. It has a GUI(Just like Wind0z) and is "free" make the switch or eventually get owned by a lamer script kiddie using a R.A.T. and crypter(cheating) I find it laughable that people who can crack so good still use Wind0z and swear by it. While I understand its not the OS, but whos running it, but seriously without the threat of Virus' life is alot simpler. Anything Winbl0ws can do L1nux does better. (Sorry for OT rant)

The only thing to worry about in L1nux OS, if your up to date and dont run apache, is buffer overflows, a minor DOS which are in no way DDOS'. And you can modify your 'open source' system to make these threats minimal. Wind0z OS is flawed purposely to nsuck more $$ out of you for fat ass Bill Gates..using a graphical based kernal instead of a harderened L1nux kernal which runs the GUI at an application level not at the kernal. Much safer. And I was a Wind0z user, intimidated by Linux at one point till I made the change myself. Linux had evolved alot since the 90's. Start with ubuntu or kubuntu. You will never go back
Basic: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11)
Realistic: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (7) (9) (10) (12) (13)
Application: (1) (2) (3)
Programming: (1)
Javascript: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)
Extbasic: (1)
b0r15
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: App 13 contains a virus...?

Post by thedotmaster on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:49 am
([msg=29025]see Re: App 13 contains a virus...?[/msg])

b0r15 wrote:The only thing to worry about in L1nux OS, if your up to date and dont run apache, is buffer overflows, a minor DOS which are in no way DDOS'. And you can modify your 'open source' system to make these threats minimal. Wind0z OS is flawed purposely to nsuck more $$ out of you for fat ass Bill Gates..using a graphical based kernal instead of a harderened L1nux kernal which runs the GUI at an application level not at the kernal. Much safer. And I was a Wind0z user, intimidated by Linux at one point till I made the change myself. Linux had evolved alot since the 90's. Start with ubuntu or kubuntu. You will never go back

Wow. You know that pretty much none of that made sense? You know that Windows gets buffer overflows too? You know that the main advantage of Open Source is that other people can find and fix bugs? Do you actually know what a kernel is?
Please actually know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by b0r15 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:28 pm
([msg=29028]see Re: App 13 contains a virus...?[/msg])

-- Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:33 pm --

thedotmaster wrote:
b0r15 wrote:The only thing to worry about in L1nux OS, if your up to date and dont run apache, is buffer overflows, a minor DOS which are in no way DDOS'. And you can modify your 'open source' system to make these threats minimal. Wind0z OS is flawed purposely to suck more $$ out of you for fat ass Bill Gates..using a graphical based kernal instead of a harderened L1nux kernal which runs the GUI at an application level not at the kernal. Much safer. And I was a Wind0z user, intimidated by Linux at one point till I made the change myself. Linux had evolved alot since the 90's. Start with ubuntu or kubuntu. You will never go back

Wow. You know that pretty much none of that made sense? You know that Windows gets buffer overflows too? You know that the main advantage of Open Source is that other people can find and fix bugs? Do you actually know what a kernel is?
Please actually know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.

^^
Your kidding right?

I actually do know what im talking about, but im not going to argue with a Mod/Admin as im here to just learn more and have fun not bicker with kids. The fact that someone can say with a str8 face that Wind0z is a secure system makes me lmfao all over the place. Linux is a real programmers system.

And a kernal is the 'brain' of the system. Do you know that? Correctly configureded IPtables is all the firewall I need . I dont need to buy antivirus, download shit off the WWW and worry about getting a virus,etc. My shit is in the repos And, obviously winbl0wz can get buffer overflows I never said they couldnt, what I was stating is that its basically all you have to worry about with 'Linux' unless your software is out of date or you run a servers . You should read alittle more carefully,Wind0z user,lol and not try to argue whats a fact and already known and that is that Linux is a MUCH, more secure OS.

If you have an argument for that maybe you should do alittle reading and find out what your talking about before you pick a flawed argument with someone you suspect to be 15 years old? Wow, your staff...? Keep dling your torrents with your fingers crossed, scanning them with 50 types of antivirus scanner's ,lol. Do you know how silly you sound?

No offense to HTS staff, but WTF? If someone is going to post a blatent falsehood, im going to make sure the others know whats true. Im talking about at the OS level not server

I get antivirus to make sure im not passing Trojans to people who like this, but whatever keep using winbl0ws.

One thing: There are NO known Linux virus' in the wild..hows windoz doing on that?
Last edited by b0r15 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
b0r15
New User
New User

Post by thedotmaster on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:43 pm
([msg=29029]see Re: App 13 contains a virus...?[/msg])

Actually, I no longer use Windows except for at college - so let's not make assumptions here.
I am very much aware of the security flaws of Windows - I don't know where you got the idea that I thought it was very secure.
About the firewall thing, Linux still needs one. Sure it's more secure but that doesn't mean it doesn't have vulns.
Could you explain what you meant by "is buffer overflows, a minor DOS which are in no way DDOS'", if you're such a guru - please?
And for assuming you're a little kid? Well I didn't really make that assumption actually but it'd be a fair one due to the poor grammar and use of "L1nux" and "Wind0z".
Again, I will repeat myself, please actually know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Well done! You've installed Ubuntu! It doesn't make you an expert!

Oh, and instead of going off topic on another thread:
Linux OS(The best OS on the planet)

It's pretty much accepted that Linux isn't the best OS. I mean, other than the fact it isn't an OS (but let's not get picky here), it certainly isn't the most secure and certainly not the most stable.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Post by b0r15 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:56 pm
([msg=29030]see Re: App 13 contains a virus...?[/msg])

thedotmaster wrote:Actually, I no longer use Windows except for at college - so let's not make assumptions here.
I am very much aware of the security flaws of Windows - I don't know where you got the idea that I thought it was very secure.
About the firewall thing, Linux still needs one. Sure it's more secure but that doesn't mean it doesn't have vulns.
Could you explain what you meant by "is buffer overflows, a minor DOS which are in no way DDOS'", if you're such a guru - please?
And for assuming you're a little kid? Well I didn't really make that assumption actually but it'd be a fair one due to the poor grammar and use of "L1nux" and "Wind0z".
Again, I will repeat myself, please actually know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.

I apologize if I came off crass, but you did too. One thing,"Im by no means a Guru nor claim to be." I was basically in a situation where I needed to know how to hide myself online for the biz I used to run. I read all about keeping anonymity(via Tor,proxy chaining and Wingates) using gpg for messages, but soon got bored so moved into pentesting and cracking. Did some school. By buffer overflows I meant being knocked off the network by script kiddies obviously using Linux exploits(Which are mostly Buffer Overflows at the user level) I said not DDOS as not to confuse anyone who may think a DOS is a DDOS. No harm though. I apologize if I came off rude and I will try to explain myself more in the future. Im very interested in Wargames and enhancing the scripting knowledge I have.[This is so OT im sorry]
b0r15
New User
New User

Post by thedotmaster on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:51 pm
([msg=29080]see Re: App 13 contains a virus...?[/msg])

Ok, well apology accepted.
However you imply that a buffer overflow is a type of "DOS" (by which you mean DoS as DOS = an operating system).
I don't know if that's what you meant, but that's how it came across.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffer_Overflow
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Off topic from "App 13 contains a virus"

Post by cadatoiva on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:47 am
([msg=39485]see Re: Off topic from "App 13 contains a virus"[/msg])

Just a little FYI b0r... Linux does indeed have viruses, they are even classified as viruses and documented as viruses. one of them is called bliss which you can find an article on http://math-www.uni-paderborn.de/~axel/bliss/ and while they are not a prevalent feature of Linux, and good administrative practices can keep you from getting them, because of the Linux root http://librenix.com/?inode=21 and though most do not exist "in the wild" any more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_malware#Threats they still exist. and this was all found on the first page of a "linux viruses" google search.
cadatoiva
New User
New User

Re: Off topic from "App 13 contains a virus"

Post by Goatboy on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:22 pm
([msg=39493]see Re: Off topic from "App 13 contains a virus"[/msg])

This person has not been online since he last posted in this thread. Let. It. Die. Locked and moved to the graveyard.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Return to Graveyard