Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Racist pigs are organizing an 'anti-immigrant' rally in Chicago. Help anti-racist activists take over their website!

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by reyes236 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:47 am
([msg=93619]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Has anyone else had issues with the login page kicking them off completely from HTS when entering a # symbol as part of a SQL injection? I have completed the mission but was confused to why this was happening.
reyes236
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Solus on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:01 pm
([msg=93621]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

dtmander wrote:Does this mission still work correctly? I have googled SQL injection and tried many things, but get nothing other than an SQL error. Nothing that I try provides any other results. Can someone PM me so that I may discuss my theories and attempted solutions without providing any spoilers? Thanks.

Yes, this challenge still works correctly; this thread has waaaay more information than you need in it, just begin at the start & read through.

reyes236 wrote:Has anyone else had issues with the login page kicking them off completely from HTS when entering a # symbol as part of a SQL injection? I have completed the mission but was confused to why this was happening.

Not sure why you're experiencing this, I had a try inserting hashes into the fields & it worked as expected (told me to fuck off).
Stultus est sicut, stultus facit.
Solus
New User
New User

Post by El_Barto666 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:54 am
([msg=94103]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

It says that you have to login as an admin, but as far as I can tell, there's nothing at all that lets you login. I dont even know where to begin on this one.

-- Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:54 am --

It says that you have to login as an admin, but as far as I can tell, there's nothing at all that lets you login. I dont even know where to begin on this one.
El_Barto666
New User
New User

Post by Kyobokeylh on Sun May 06, 2018 10:43 am
([msg=95648]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I've finished the mission
But I wonder why is SQL used?
I mean, we often use injection in basic missions, but what code should we use?
in Basic 8, it's a .shtml which means SSI, so we did an SSI injection
in Basic 7, it's a .pl which means perl, then why *nix can be used?
in this mission, it's a .php. What tells us that we can use SQL injection?
Kyobokeylh
New User
New User

Post by NETWORKsecurity on Sun May 06, 2018 12:23 pm
([msg=95649]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Kyobokeylh wrote:in Basic 7, it's a .pl which means perl, then why *nix can be used?

Programming languages can interact with system, it is said cal command is used so that is how you know perl is interacting with *nix system.
Kyobokeylh wrote:in this mission, it's a .php. What tells us that we can use SQL injection?

There is no direct hint for that I guess but SQL is very frequently used technology when it comes to login systems and SQL injections are still on the OWASP top10 list of most common vulnerabilities https://www.owasp.org/images/7/72/OWASP_Top_10-2017_%28en%29.pdf.pdf

Truth is you often won't know what technologies are being used on the server and will have to make educated guesses.
NETWORKsecurity
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by NotEasy on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:23 pm
([msg=96040]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

reyes236 wrote:Has anyone else had issues with the login page kicking them off completely from HTS when entering a # symbol as part of a SQL injection? I have completed the mission but was confused to why this was happening.

Thank you, when use # in injection I got a require_auth error from HTS and logged out, so I replace # with -- and it works.
NotEasy
New User
New User

Previous

Return to (Real 2) Chicago American Nazi Party