App 15, error

Learn to reverse engineer through some common application security methods.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts/Code, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

App 15, error

Post by sharpskater69 on Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:34 pm
([msg=9120]see App 15, error[/msg])

Runtime 1513, insufficient video memory.

Anyone else get this when they try to run it. I'm on windows by the way. The dll is in the same directory too, in case it matters.
sharpskater69
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: App 15, error

Post by mutants_r_us_guild on Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:11 pm
([msg=9124]see Re: App 15, error[/msg])

App 15 is about hacking video games.... obviously you dont have a good enough video card to run the app though. Its a small game where you have to hack it to get to the other ledge.. the pass is on the other side.
mutants_r_us_guild
Poster
Poster

Post by sharpskater69 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:54 am
([msg=9159]see Re: App 15, error[/msg])

problem solved, thanks
sharpskater69
New User
New User

Post by OnlyHuman on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:51 am
([msg=30019]see Re: App 15, error[/msg])

I'm unable to get this app to run. I'm sure that I have more than sufficient video memory. I also have the language in which this app was written installed (DBPro). So, I'm sure that I'm not missing any of the required DLLs. I'm curious though, as to whether I may have missed part of the setup process. I first assumed that it looked for d3dx9_31.dll, which comes bundled with it, within the runtime directory. I launched the app with that assumption, but got nothing, not even a system message regarding an unfound dll. But, for those of you familiar with DBPro, everything is written in such a way that it fails silently. So, I tried moving that dll into my system folder, and still nothing. What exactly, if anything, am I doing wrong here?
OnlyHuman
Poster
Poster

Post by Defience on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:03 pm
([msg=30036]see Re: App 15, error[/msg])

Hmm...not sure. It's been a long time since I've done app15 but to check it I just re-downloaded it and installed it and it worked fine for me. I used winrar and 'extract to app15win/ along with it was the .dll file. Maybe delete it and try again?
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by OnlyHuman on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:04 pm
([msg=30038]see Re: App 15, error[/msg])

Thanks for the reply. And, I just tried. I'm using PeaZip. It's worked really well with the other applications. It could be the cause, but I'm not sure if that's the problem in this case. The default DB temp files are created when the app starts, as well as, the media files associated with the application itself. I'm able to see almost all of the internals. It just crashes shortly after execution begins. My Windows system (Win2K) is running on a laptop. Usually for DBPro applications this isn't a problem, but I don't know if maybe the particular design of this one requires additional hardware (i.e. a game controller, which isn't a problem if so), or if maybe laptops we're intentionally not supported. That's not default DB behaviour, but it's possible to implement. Hopefully you, or somebody else, may know whether any of the details I've provided are causing the problem. Thanks.

EDIT

Nevermind, Olly tells me that my D3D SDK version is just a little old. :oops: But still, thank you.
OnlyHuman
Poster
Poster

HTS app has stopped working

Post by Illusion03 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:04 pm
([msg=58484]see HTS app has stopped working[/msg])

As the title itself self explanatory , I am running app 15 in windows 7 - 64 bit every time it just crashes with the same message, i have all the necessary drivers in my laptop. So i was wondering if any of the mods or someone who have completed this challenge in win 7 can throw some light on this problem. I'll be thankful. :D

I have also tried changing the compatibility mode of the app to windows xp service pack(2,3) still don't get any luck !!
Illusion03
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:13 pm
([msg=58487]see Re: App 15, error[/msg])

What's the message?
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Re: HTS app has stopped working

Post by mShred on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:18 pm
([msg=58488]see Re: HTS app has stopped working[/msg])

Illusion03 wrote:As the title itself self explanatory , I am running app 15 in windows 7 - 64 bit every time it just crashes with the same message, i have all the necessary drivers in my laptop. So i was wondering if any of the mods or someone who have completed this challenge in win 7 can throw some light on this problem. I'll be thankful. :D

I have also tried changing the compatibility mode of the app to windows xp service pack(2,3) still don't get any luck !!

Try extracting the files to somewhere easy. "C:\Users\Blah\Desktop\app15win.exe" and then run the executable file. Make sure the dll is in the same folder as well.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by Illusion03 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:50 am
([msg=58585]see Re: App 15, error[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:What's the message?

The Message is "HTS App has stopped working" the usual message which appears after a application crashes in windows 7.

mShred wrote:
Illusion03 wrote:As the title itself self explanatory , I am running app 15 in windows 7 - 64 bit every time it just crashes with the same message, i have all the necessary drivers in my laptop. So i was wondering if any of the mods or someone who have completed this challenge in win 7 can throw some light on this problem. I'll be thankful. :D I have also tried changing the compatibility mode of the app to windows xp service pack(2,3) still don't get any luck !!
Try extracting the files to somewhere easy. "C:\Users\Blah\Desktop\app15win.exe" and then run the executable file. Make sure the dll is in the same folder as well.

I have both the application and the dll in the same folder still crashing. I had even copied the original archive to the C:\ drive and extracted it there only , Still no luck ! Something different is there I guess which is causing the app to crash. :geek:

I double click the app, a windowed black color screen appears then exiting with that "DARK BASIC PROFESSIONAL" message box and after that it crashes.
Illusion03
New User
New User

Next

Return to Application