I want to learn - I have learned  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

I want to learn - I have learned

Post by comperr on Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:20 pm
([msg=8564]see I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

This is an interesting idea I have seen on some other sites whose goal is to educate.
When you first come to the NZone post something very specific here that you want to learn (eg "I want to learn how tcp/ip packets are routed through the internet") and then post a few days/weeks later when you have learned it. Try making a tutorial for others in the NZone. See how long it takes for you to learn.
comperr
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I want to learn - I have learned

Post by creekist on Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:50 pm
([msg=8595]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

[MOD EDIT] Nope.
creekist
New User
New User

Post by mutants_r_us_guild on Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:59 pm
([msg=8598]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

Sooo... Im fairly sure he's gonna get a warn for that... but you gotta give him credit.. he did manage to steal that ebook. lol... just look for the pdf with the pass and enter that into the large pdf file. Anyway... just more script kiddies.. this one is just a little more capable than most....and apparently more ninja-obsessed. lol
mutants_r_us_guild
Poster
Poster

Post by azusa on Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:35 am
([msg=8743]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

I want to learn c++, html,and java, how to set up a network in a house or for a company

I am learning C right now.

Its fun and I have never had fun reading a book maybe cause its I am learning something cool.
azusa
New User
New User

Post by Devious Dave on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:46 am
([msg=9015]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

I want to learn everything, but if you can help me with one specific thing, it would probably be how to hack into FTP servers.
Devious Dave
New User
New User

Post by x4d61726b on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:19 am
([msg=9105]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

I want to learn how to keep my databases safe from malicious users ^_^

Oh, and after starting the programming challenges... I want to learn to read images. I can do most logic challenges that require basic coding knowledge, but when it comes to this stuff, I'm pretty lost.
x4d61726b
New User
New User

Post by nosidius on Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:47 pm
([msg=9112]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

eh.......... i wanna learn how to
1: protect myself/my comp from malicious users............ (i'm not going to say my OS >.>)
2: program (in general), i have already gotten basic HTML, have books on C++ (need codewarrior, pls help!), and had started using python......... but couldn't find tutorials >.> (gave that up for now)
3: make an OS (and also something to convert windows progs into that OS's lang)
4: learn how to use john the ripper........... it won't let me run it as "john" which has confused me horribly >.<
5: figure out how to get above script kiddie >.> (i admit that i am one, and in this recognition i still understand that not many even make it this far......)(i am also capable as a script kiddie, however i am only proficient with windows computers, but, i can do some fun stuff with CMD ^^)
give me knowledge or give me death
nosidius
Poster
Poster

Post by vladtepes2304 on Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:38 pm
([msg=9123]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

i want to learn how to "hack" using command prompt.
vladtepes2304
New User
New User

Post by Devious Dave on Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:26 pm
([msg=9132]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

nosidius wrote:eh.......... i wanna learn how to
1: protect myself/my comp from malicious users............ (i'm not going to say my OS >.>)
2: program (in general), i have already gotten basic HTML, have books on C++ (need codewarrior, pls help!), and had started using python......... but couldn't find tutorials >.> (gave that up for now)
3: make an OS (and also something to convert windows progs into that OS's lang)
4: learn how to use john the ripper........... it won't let me run it as "john" which has confused me horribly >.<
5: figure out how to get above script kiddie >.> (i admit that i am one, and in this recognition i still understand that not many even make it this far......)(i am also capable as a script kiddie, however i am only proficient with windows computers, but, i can do some fun stuff with CMD ^^)

Umm, if you are only proficient with windows computers, we know your OS now. :D

I can help you with some of the things you want:

He said SPECIFIC requests, so no general programming. (At least in this thread.)

Making an OS from scratch has to be done in Assembler, and it's REALLY hard, and takes a long time. That's why you don't see a slew of from-scratch OS's.
Devious Dave
New User
New User

Post by redhat on Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:57 pm
([msg=9202]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

I am curious about web hacking. I already know html and javascript, and I have learned about xss and sql injection and have a working knowlege of both. What I want to learn is more advanced web hacking techniques, but I'm not sure what to look up because I don't know if any others exist. When I search for these techniques, I just get mountains of the same old xss tutorial, and if I get lucky I'll become reaquainted with sql injections. What I have come to understand is that all of these are written by the vast multitude of script kiddies who want to look cool by posting what the learned how to do from a different web site onto a new one. Will someone help me sort through this pollution and point me to the next step?

Another thing that I have come to learn is that people who create websites in general are too lazy to make their own code so they use "gears" or "tools" produced by people who actually know what they are doing. These tools make both xss and the basic sql injection that I have learned obsolete and useless. So basically what I don't understand is what the hell is the big deal with all of these beginners' guides to xss and sql injections? Sure they get peoples' feet wet, but they could at least be kind enough to point us towards more advanced tutorials, right?
redhat
New User
New User

Next

Return to NZone