Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Uptight religious fanatics are failing free-thinking students for questioning their faith. Fulfill every teenage hacker's ultimate fantasy: hack into the school database and change grades! This level has several different layers of security and several different ways of completing it. Enjoy!

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by raine1 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:10 pm
([msg=84710]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

well, I am at the point where I have found the teacher log-on page. I found it quite by accident as well. I looked at Zach's log-on url and played with it and wah la!!

-- Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:06 pm --

It is all starting to make sense. :lol:
Moving on.
raine1
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by xaajjaax on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:19 am
([msg=85065]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Hate to bitch, but this was an incredibly stupid challenge. Doesn't deserve to be under 'realistic'.
xaajjaax
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:01 am
([msg=85081]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

'Realistic' doesn't mean 'hard'. I've come across similar systems like these and the knowledge I got here was useful. That said, yes, the other missions are a lot more useful. Also, bitch all you want, nothing ever changes if no-one speaks up.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by agentStag on Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:33 pm
([msg=86044]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Hey guys. I finished the mission. Let me guide you.

1-Look for a place where where the staff can login. Try possible names for the php file where the coder would put the staff login

2-Now you have to find a staff member to login to that area. Go to the staff list and look for miss s******. She's lazy and her password shows that.

3-Okay, now it comes the user agent part. Find a way to change your browser's user agent to the one they give you there.(NO HOLY_FATHER or anything other than what they give u there).

4-You are in! Congratulations! But you are not yet the user you have to be to change grades. So fake being the user the system wants. If you manage to do this then you are the chosen one!

5-Change them grades now! But ermmm, not through the given avenues. Dig deep into that code and you'll find the right but long path to glory.

I hope this helps and sorry if it's too much, but i know how frustrating it is to come here for help and read stuff like "Go read about the entire Apache server, PHP, HTTP, Rocket Science,etc" when in reality a simple link to a cookie stealer exploit is enough(****This has nothing to do with this mission specifically).
agentStag
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:39 pm
([msg=86147]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

agentStag wrote:2-Now you have to find a staff member to login to that area. Go to the staff list and look for ...

Well, I would say that's a spoiler as there are not many names like it. It's a good idea to learn about "Apache server, PHP, HTTP, Rocket Science,etc" if you're so inclined. Finishing the missions without learning much you're defeating their purpose: to teach stuff. Other than that, you're doing good. :)
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by agentStag on Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:21 am
([msg=87052]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

cyberdrain wrote:
agentStag wrote:2-Now you have to find a staff member to login to that area. Go to the staff list and look for ...

Well, I would say that's a spoiler as there are not many names like it. It's a good idea to learn about "Apache server, PHP, HTTP, Rocket Science,etc" if you're so inclined. Finishing the missions without learning much you're defeating their purpose: to teach stuff. Other than that, you're doing good. :)

Sorry if that was too much.
I trust that the ones who have made it this far don't need a problem to solve in order for them to read about that stuff. The goal is indeed to learn and the ones who understand that will always read and read and read.

Thank you btw, I'll make sure my future posts are better. :)
agentStag
New User
New User

Post by parado on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:21 am
([msg=87451]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Is there any way of getting past the login without guessing the password? I know it's easy, and I know the user is quite careless with her password, but that's not my question. Is there any other way of getting the password or bypassing it, or is guessing the password the only option?

(I ask out of curiosity, I have guessed it already)

Thanks
parado
New User
New User

Login grabs my hts username and password

Post by citizen6 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:59 pm
([msg=87683]see Login grabs my hts username and password[/msg])

When I try to log in students my HTS username and password appears in the form. When I clicked by accident login I saw my HTS password in the URL. Not cool. This site is not meant to be harmful to its users that are in process of learning, right?
citizen6
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:53 pm
([msg=87721]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

citizen6 wrote:When I try to log in students my HTS username and password appears in the form. When I clicked by accident login I saw my HTS password in the URL. Not cool. This site is not meant to be harmful to its users that are in process of learning, right?

Disable auto-completion in your browser.
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by Ethermist on Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:47 pm
([msg=91230]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I liked this one. :D
The User-Agent Switcher addon in Firefox was new to me but worked like a champ for the part i needed it for.
Also, I've noticed that Firebug or Inspect Elements doesn't show items that are commented out. I needed to look at the full page source for that which was annoying since I was depending on the inspect elements or firebug to show me everything.
I don't know if there's a way to change that behavior but i'll take a look around and see if there's a config setting i can change.
Ethermist
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 10) Holy Word High School