Proof that God does/doesn't exist.

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.

Post by Campo on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:18 am
([msg=7828]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

You cannot prove that god does or does not exist, but you CAN prove that jesus does not exist (not hard to find the info), and if jesus doesnt exist, then christianity is false and therefore the god preached by christianity has been proven a myth like countless other gods.

Because there are so many different gods because of so many different religions, nobody will EVER know what the real god is. I personally do not beleive in ANY god, but I can tell you this: if there is a real god, he is not known to ANYBODY. He never has and never will be worshipped. All gods we know about are creations of the human imagination because we humans are afraid of the unknown.
Campo
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Lord DarkMasterKyzer on Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:06 pm
([msg=7840]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

War, Diesease, Famine, Death, Destruction, Hurricanes, Volcanoes, Starving Children, and the ICE CAPADES!

If this is the best god can do i am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the "Resume" of a Supreme Being, this is stuff youd expect from an office worker with a bad atitude.
Lord DarkMasterKyzer
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by the_pilgrim on Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:18 pm
([msg=7849]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

I personally believe in one true God and that he sent his son, Jesus Christ, to earth to die and save us from our sins. But i don't force that on anybody. I believe that God exhists, not only because of the evidence of the world around us, but because of the way he has changed my life personally. His blessings turned me from an angry kid close to suicide, to a God-fearing young man who is now very involved in his church.

As far as scientific evidence, this world and everything in it is made up of atoms. These atoms are made up of particles that either have a positive, negative, or neutral charge to them. The core of an atom is composed of all positive and neutral particles. According to science, this is impossible. With magnetism, opposites attract, likes repel. A core of entirely positive and neutrally charged particles would fly apart. But they don't, and nobody knows why. I don't know how God pulled it off, but for him to invent a way for every single atom in the universe not to fall apart is something only God could do. Not evolution.

And not only holding the atom together, but making it so that these atoms could fit together to form complex molecules and substances is a amazing. and to further put them together into a living thing is absolutely awesome. but to go further and to make an animal that can think, and feel is a miracle. The human is able to create beautiful things. to create paintings that stir the soul, to construct nearly anything from a 70 story skyscraper to a microcomputer. Man is God's most awesome creation because he gave us free will.
the_pilgrim
New User
New User

Post by JMas on Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:50 pm
([msg=7851]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

A few things I'd like to point out:

There is no such thing as a neutrally charged particle. A neutral particle has no charge by definition. This particle is called a neutron.

The positively charged particle is called a proton.

Protons and neutrons are the constituents of the nucleus, which is the core of the atom. It is not scientifically impossible for protons and neutrons to exist together. In fact, the neutrons are there to "dilute" the strong electric force that would make the protons (which have the same charge) fly apart.

The nuclear force binds the protons and the neutrons into the nucleus.
JMas
New User
New User

Post by c24lightning on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:17 pm
([msg=7913]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

Campo wrote:You cannot prove that god does or does not exist, but you CAN prove that jesus does not exist (not hard to find the info), and if jesus doesnt exist, then christianity is false and therefore the god preached by christianity has been proven a myth like countless other gods.

Because there are so many different gods because of so many different religions, nobody will EVER know what the real god is. I personally do not beleive in ANY god, but I can tell you this: if there is a real god, he is not known to ANYBODY. He never has and never will be worshipped. All gods we know about are creations of the human imagination because we humans are afraid of the unknown.

Wow.. Very fallacious argument. You based your whole argument off a falsely assumed premise (that Jesus Christ does not exist). You said that you can prove he doesn't exist. How? Please share. Oh, wait, what's that? You know what it is? B.C. That's right, BC. Time was literally split on the existence of Jesus Christ. The switch between B.C. and A.D. is undeniable.

Lord DarkMasterKyzer wrote:War, Diesease, Famine, Death, Destruction, Hurricanes, Volcanoes, Starving Children, and the ICE CAPADES!

If this is the best god can do i am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the "Resume" of a Supreme Being, this is stuff youd expect from an office worker with a bad atitude.

That's called the effects of sin. Sin entered the world when Adam and Eve committed the first sin. Before then, there was no war, disease, famine, death, etc.
Here's some sites you might be interested in:

Need a proxy? Here - user:pass combination is proxy:bypass
c24lightning
Poster
Poster

Post by Lord DarkMasterKyzer on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:27 pm
([msg=7916]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

Since when did that matter, Apes and Gorillas killed eachother (and their own species) before we evolved from them. I would imagine our war like ways would be with us. Even with the ancient civilizations, another thing that bugs the shit outta me... the 10 commandments...
Lord DarkMasterKyzer
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Finarfin Palantir on Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:18 am
([msg=7921]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

I am a Christian though I haven't always been one and I've read millions of these posts on various religions and to be honest, I find myself laughing quite a bit every time...

The main problem I have with these debates is that everyone seems to try and find a logical explanation, hence the term logical argument. (Wow real rocket science :P)

I have personally never seen my brain, I have never heard my brain, I have never smelled my brain, in fact nobody has ever really given me any facts that my brain does exist but I can ofcourse take the bread knife and do a little experiment, which would most probably prove that my brain does exist but isn't working, point being, I believe I do have a brian and I do believe it is functioning as it should.

The title reads Proof that God does/doesn't exist.

Wow, I'm quite shocked at the number of actual replies. I have never seen any proof that God exists and/or does not exist, I've heard various opinions, but not a single shred of evidence to suggest he does or does not exist.

The only fact in this debate is that there are no facts.
Faith cannot be argued with facts, if we did argue with facts we'd have no need to call it faith we could just call it knowledge.

According to the Christian believe, knowing that God exists and that He created all things, will still not guarantee entry into Heaven so I'm not even sure why we are debating the proof?

A comment has been made about Jesus Christ, which I feel is both a pity and bit misleading...
The fact is, Jesus Christ was here and he did die on the cross. Was he really the son of God? Well that remains to be seen.

The simple truth of this post is that it will not convince anyone of anything, if a post on the internet changes your faith you have very little. As for the topic at hand, there is no proof that God does or does not exist and for as we base our proof on things that the human mind can understand, there never will be any proof that he does or does not exist.

That is my honest opinion and in no way do I intend to force it on others,

FP
Finarfin Palantir
New User
New User

Post by OneArrow on Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:34 pm
([msg=8100]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

Lord DarkMasterKyzer wrote:War, Diesease, Famine, Death, Destruction, Hurricanes, Volcanoes, Starving Children, and the ICE CAPADES!

You assume that everyone believes only in an omnibenevolent force. Such a view is, in my mind, shortsighted and childish. If there is a source of goodness, then the same must be true of that which is not good.

But what frustrates me the most about that line of thinking is this: at the end of the day, who are we to determine what is "good" in a spiritual sense, and what isn't? Death, for example, can be a wonderful thing with the right perspective - a well-deserved reprieve from the pain and suffering that one is exposed to after birth.
OneArrow
Poster
Poster

Post by renegta0 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:08 pm
([msg=8118]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

I can prove that God *does* exist.

Okay, forget all the Jehovah, Jesus/ Christianity stuff. Forget everything you know about any religion. Now, no being in the universe, whether it be humans, animals, or anything else in the universe, is the same. So there must be a
"greatest" being. So however you define "greatest" as will determine the God you believe in.

All this "I don't believe in God because I'm a cool kid and I'm smarter than you" is trash, because the universe is so vast it is impossible to know if there is a "specific" God or not. It is futile to try to disprove God's existence and assume all logic we know as humans is correct.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
renegta0
New User
New User

Post by OneArrow on Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:03 am
([msg=8132]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

renegta0 wrote:Okay, forget all the Jehovah, Jesus/ Christianity stuff. Forget everything you know about any religion. Now, no being in the universe, whether it be humans, animals, or anything else in the universe, is the same. So there must be a
"greatest" being. So however you define "greatest" as will determine the God you believe in.

Um, what?

To paraphrase what you're saying... "No two beings are the same, therefore something is "greatest" according to some subjective, arbitrary definition." The assertion is so broad that it has no meaning, and it is based upon information that you cannot be certain of, to boot (for all we know, exactly identical beings can exist). This is hardly proof.
OneArrow
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Religion