What do you believe in?

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: What do you believe in?

Post by pretentious on Thu May 01, 2014 3:36 am
([msg=80488]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

pretentious wrote:I'll throw in my two cents too. I've had an interest in psychology in recent months and Freud has had my interests throughout. The reason why he isn't taken too seriously any more is because a lot of his theories are unscientific, in the sense that you can't really put the claims to a falsifiable test(which is kind of the basis of scientific method). Religion also fits this category. It's place is in historical reference, nothing more.

this is pretty crazy seeing a 2 year old oppinion. Now days I consider myself a spiritual person. Don't identify with any particular religion however. I follow eckhart tolle's teachings pretty religiously ( pun most certainly intended ;) )
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
Can you say brainwashing It's a non stop disco
pretentious
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by cyberdrain on Sat May 03, 2014 7:34 pm
([msg=80517]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

I believe in life, love, nature, science and good. Good luck trying to define that into one term.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by asinineasshole on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:36 pm
([msg=82478]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

Personally, I categorize myself as agnostic. The reason being that neither an athiest's view is as quantifiable as a thiest's in the respect that neither one can proven. As someone who is immensely interested in philosophy, I find myself trying to find a rhyme or reason to nearly everything I encounter in my life. While this is not possible in an abundance of instances, it is in others, and I feel I'm better for when I make decisions, or put my "faith", behind something. I feel that agnositicism is the ideal religion for people who would label themselves as a truth seekers, as you take a middle ground, which in turn acknowledges that either side may be right despite the lack of solid proof.
asinineasshole
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:25 am
([msg=82510]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

I believe in a higher power, but I believe that higher power no longer cares. I mean shit, after all the ignorance, bloodshed, all the hackthissite trolls lol j/k

I (as of now) consider myself Agnostic, however most of my family believes I am a Christian and that's fine (grew up in the Christian church). I live a good life, and I believe all that matters is helping others in this world, whether I serve under a name or not, I did my duty. I don't believe in right nor wrong, so I think laws are silly and commandments are foolish.
Some days I have praised to a higher being, and others I have cursed at it. All I know, is in the end I was brought into this world without a choice, and this world is torture and hell. So much hate and such little love, how could a truly superior being allow this? Because what, freedom of choice? That's ignorant talk and shows no love nor care. So really, if I die, and come before someone of higher power, I'm thinking my conversation would go something like this "I tried, but you did not show me any guidance, nor any significant sign as I asked several times. So what happens now you will punish me for eternity? You are the fool and you deserve the punishment. You are expecting people to have faith in you while you allow the public to warp the minds of every generation, literally poisoning our brains, while allowing mass genocides under your wing? Go ahead, send me to hell for torture, it's not like I haven't gone through it already. I will spend my eternity in hell trying to overtake the kingdom with a grin on my face." Another thing that boggles me when it comes to Christian faith, is that we read that Satan tried to overtake heaven and failed and was cast into hell. Now, what if (assuming that is true) that some other power hasn't tried this again and succeeded. It's much too complex for a mere mortal to understand, but I have a good moral part in me, and do what I feel is best as I feel everyone should.

I just hope that when I die, a little part of me floats upon the cluster of stars in the galaxy. Speaking of which I get a real kick out of astral projecting from time to time. It really helps me think, and man it's an experience I suggest everyone try, seriously - DO IT.
For those that know
K: 0x2CD8D4F9
-Ninjex-

Post by JigsawPuppet on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:16 pm
([msg=82513]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

Does anybody believe in the conspiracy about the Illuminati?
JigsawPuppet
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:27 pm
([msg=82514]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

JigsawPuppet wrote:Does anybody believe in the conspiracy about the Illuminati?

I sure don't. The few theories I actually believe usually turn out to be correct, for example when years later a national government makes a mistake, something gets leaked to the public or a news agency reports on it. To identify those: they're either plausible, there's the right evidence in the right places or it's just plain human to do so. Not that there's much use I get out of that of course, but hey, it's a fun game. From the 'evidence' presented about this one and everything I found, there's no reason to panic. That's all I'll say on this topic.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by Scythe701 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:24 am
([msg=82613]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Sorry for that! Forgive me for that.

It is because I just poured my heart and soul into a post.
But only to Submit and find out, that I wasn't Logged In!
L o l!
Sux/Sucks sometimes to be New.
Hehe, :ugeek:.
Well let's see I will just freestyle, as I always do.
I am Christian, and pretty much always have been!
Jesus Christ Is My Personal Lord And Savior.
I know to some, that might not be believable, or some find it lame.
Its okay, I understand, and relate to all.
So I don't need to be told, this or that about Myself and What I Believe.
I do Hope though, that people can get along, or as much as they can.
I even war/combat myself, but I am a Peaceful Loving Person.
Love Conquers All! To me its really (Family!)
I enjoy life, and I make the very most of it!
My Religion is MY LIFE.
No, No, No, No, not like Don't mess with my life, or this.
Nah.
I respect others, and even if they don't respect me.
I have always wanted to work very hard, for what I have.
And what I am going to have, in the future.
I am not the type, to lay down on something.
I don't do the lazy thing.
If I am tired, I need rest, and will get it.
To me Religion is: Life
For me being a Christian, means you Know And Believe That God The Father, And Jesus Christ are the Same! (Holy Trinity)
I know there are other Christians who do not believe that, and I know about the rest and what they believe.
The Holy Bible to Me is the Greatest Book (To Me it is not a Book, it is Greater Than That!)
Wisdom And Love, pretty simply narrow it down/all of it!
And again, of course by Love, I mean Family.
JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!
For some reason I just speak LIFE/Life, and it is like Religion is only/just a Concept!
:geek: Peace Out!!
My Personal Quotes:

"Ever thought that Although and Allow were the same word/meaning?"

"Wisdom, Databases"
Scythe701
New User
New User

Post by CookiesAndCream on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:48 am
([msg=82616]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

Hey guys <3 ;) ;)

I would love to say that I believe in God, that there was someone up there looking out for us, helping us, guiding us. That there was a better place to go to when we die JUST by believing.

Now, just to clarify, I respect everyone's decisions and choices, but for me I do not believe nor do I not believe in God. I mean, nobody knows right, if God was real or not? I would like to consider myself agnostic as well. But I do believe in science. Science will work, whether you believe it or not. Eg: Bible says the world was created approx 6,000 years ago. Science says the Earth is formed about 4.5 billion years ago. If asked which I believe, I think it's common sense, after all, dinosaurs roamed the Earth 65 million years ago, so go figure... :)

I mean, if there was a God, then where was he when disaster struck the world? Kids starving in Africa, poverty in America, war, disease and natural disasters all around the world, destroying homes and lives for millions of people. Is this God's idea of a perfect world? Then why the hell would he bother to 'save' us if he created all this shit? I think that if there was a God, the world should be perfect. Don't tell me this was God's test or punishment. Let me ask you then, a test for what? A better world? Didn't he create humans? Why not make them perfect for that 'perfect' world in the first place? And punishment? For what, exactly? The sins of Adam and Eve? Ain't nobody got time for that. Speaking of Adam and Eve. Weren't they supposed to be perfect. If so, why the heck would they choose to sin and got banished to Earth?

And the myth of Virgin Mary? According to logic and common sense, is it possible for her to give birth to Jesus but still remain a virgin. I mean like, what the eff? Or is it just a way to say that she remains pure and untouched? If Jesus had no earthly father, he can't be the descendant of David, and is therefore not eligible to be a messiah.

I use to believe in God though, when I was younger. Every night, I would pray to God, God didn't do anything. I convinced myself that he was helping others and that he would help me soon. And then I grew up, and realised that God won't do shit for you. That this is my life, that I was the one controlling it. If I wanted to be a loser, I can be one. If I wanted to succeed, I will. Not because God gave me permission to. Am I gonna be punished for not believing? I've done nothing wrong, my conscience is clear, I do good deeds, but I don't believe, does not make my a bad person?

But ultimately, everybody thinks differently, some may say that I am stupid or a sinner(?), then so be it, I'm who I am, I don't a damn. If God created me, He should have made me to believe in him.
Okay, I'll stop ranting. :P

Oh well, I'm not hating! If you don't agree with me, let's just agree to disagree. Respect for all! I love everyone here on this site! PEACE, LOVE, HOPE! <3<3<3<3<3

Love,
Lilia XOXO
Last edited by CookiesAndCream on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Come in closer, because the more you think you see, the easier it will be to fool you --- J. Daniel Atlas
~As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly and then all at once
~My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations
CookiesAndCream
New User
New User

Post by 0phidian on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:07 am
([msg=82617]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

I am an atheist. I was raised a christian, but I had my doubts and some conflicting views. Long story short I became agnostic then eventually atheist. I believe in pragmatism, no real wrong or right. When I die I dont want and afterlife. To me there is something beautiful about the peace of total nonexistence.
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Post by TheTechBrony on Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:50 pm
([msg=83463]see Re: What do you believe in?[/msg])

I am an atheist. I profess no religion. I prefer to know that my life is completely in my hands and only I can make things happen to me and that I am the only one who can make me a great hacker. I am my own God.
Portal is love.
Portal is life.
The cake is a lie.
Goomy has nothing to do with lines 1 & 2.
TheTechBrony
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Religion