Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by -Unicod3- on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:01 am
([msg=78520]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

t0redo wrote:Hi guys, nice to meet you!
First of all: sorry on my bad English.

Hi t0redo! Welcome to HTS!
Your English seems fine!

I Hope you find what you're looking for and help if you need it.
Little by little, one travels far” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
-Unicod3-
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by pi-ronman on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:14 pm
([msg=78522]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi,

Im 32, i work with unix, san, backups, DR all that good stuff etc.

Joined the site because it seems interesting and a good place to learn. I've worked in I.T since 1999, but the only thing i've hacked is my lunch box that someone glued shut back in 2005 (the rascals).

Im more interested in learning the methods of how people hack, with a view to preventing it on my own systems (know your enemy and all that jazz 8-) )

Hopefully i can contribute as well as bleed the site dry for stuff :) lol
pi-ronman
New User
New User

Post by DrRoach on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:02 pm
([msg=78539]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi, I'm 17 and I've had some time away from this site and feel like I need to introduce myself again. At the moment I am on a software development apprenticeship but hope to be going to university next year. I'm not majorly interested in hacking websites, don't get me wrong, I enjoy learning about it but I wouldn't go out of my way to learn about it like I used to think that I would. Instead I found my niche in creating software, such as keyloggers and DoS programs. I feel that over the past few months I have really progressed in the fields that I want to learn instead of pushing myself towrds web hacking and getting myself stressed over it. So yeah that's me :)
DrRoach
Poster
Poster

Post by exile1 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:51 pm
([msg=78554]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Just want to introduce myself, I am a Sergeant in the Marine Corps (0621, RO), and a part time student in business. I am 24, and becoming increasingly more interested in security and web development as a whole, I have done CCNA, NET+, SEC+ and have an TS/SCI eligible SECRET clearance through the DoD for my job. Ideally I'd like to learn enough about hacking and programming that I can become a contractor as a civilian (and maintain my clearance) and possibly eventually start my own company.
</rant>

The missions are interesting and I can't thank the staff enough for creating an environment that allows people to practice and test their knowledge.
exile1
New User
New User

Post by Elucid5674 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:27 pm
([msg=78567]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello, I'm new to all this though I've always had a deep interest In learning about computers and learning how to make the machine work for you than the other way around. I have a love for breaking things down and learning the components from the inside out, and i think that's the allure of coming here to learn things like that. I'm looking to make new friends here and become apart of a community that's dedicated to just learning new things.
Elucid5674
New User
New User

Post by M00rlicious on Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:37 pm
([msg=78582]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello everyone, im M00rlicious as in M00r, but delicious and i like networking, security and rap.
I can be very hyperactive at times, so bear with me and i just became a father so that's awesome over 9000.

bye
M00rlicious
New User
New User

Post by tetsuOkanedA on Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:09 pm
([msg=78621]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi I'm tetsuOkanedA

as you can tell by my username I am a big fan of anime (not the crappy ones like Fairy Tale, Bleach, Naruto, etc.) mostly late 80's, 90's and early 2000's anime like (from my username) Akira, Cyborg 009, and the Gundam series.
The reason I joined this site is so I can improve my programming skills
my favorite bands are Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Queen, and Pantera

I really hope to improve my programming skills by a ton
tetsuOkanedA
New User
New User

Post by Zuthos on Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:22 pm
([msg=78678]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Greetings.

I am 21 years old. I have been interested in hacking since I was 13, however, I have only recently been interested in learning for the sake of knowledge. I work 40 hours a week at Walmart, and go to college full time as a Computer Science major. I weighed 320 lbs when I was 18, as well as being 6'2, so I was extremely obese. That leads me into that I have spent the past 7 months working out to reduce myself to 230 lbs. Through work from 18-21 I lost about 60 lbs, the additional 30 I lost in the past 7 months. I also really enjoy video games and music. I own a guitar and a violin, however I can't play the latter. I'd also like to have a piano. I love to read, I recently read Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde, and then Enders Game by Orson Scott Card.

I know the basics of Java, I can do if statements, loops, constructors, methods. I'm decent at math, however, I dropped out of high school when I was 15, and so I only have up to College Algebra, which I took last semester, this coming semester I'm taking Pre Calculus. I have been learning some additional Math, and Chemistry via Khan Academy. I know some basic encoding, decoding and ciphers, but like, really basic like, Caesar Cipher, One Time Tab, Book Cipher.

I currently don't really know how to research for what I need to complete most of these missions. I am willing to do my own research but so far my search parameters are getting me not very much information. If anyone could point towards specific material to research that would be extremely appreciated.

- Zuthos
Zuthos
New User
New User

Post by Alertlink on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:54 pm
([msg=78736]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello people I am Alertlink

I join this site to get experience in the many way that people could attack servers or website and some of the best ways of combating against them.
Alertlink
New User
New User

Post by pixelatedpixie on Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:44 am
([msg=78809]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello all!
I guess you can call me Pixie. I'm 24. If you're familiar with the "Geek Squad" that's what I've been doing up until recently. I love doing computer repairs but I've really been wanting to have a higher understanding of programming, networking and security. I learned HTML back in middle school so that I could make very embarrassing websites about made up fantasy characters. Thank heavens Geocities no longer exists! I've been learning Java via CodeAcademy. Can't wait to move on to something more complex. Excited about learning Python and Ruby. Working on getting my Network+ certification in a few months. Honestly, if I could spend the rest of my life learning new things on the interwebs I would. Alas, most of my time is spent having my soul sucked out by a corporate retail machine. Finished the first few basic missions. Kinda stuck on Mission 7 but I'll figure it out.
pixelatedpixie
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone