Programming 1

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Re: Programming 1

Post by 3vilp4wn on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:35 am
([msg=74942]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

vv0lf wrote:Done in Python :)

The fun part was making it as memory efficient as possible~
I'm interested to know how easy/hard it is in other languages :P

I did it in python as well, PM me if you wanna swap code :)
Do not mistake understanding for realization, and do not mistake realization for liberation
Evil Ninja Hackers
???
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

1A4EAMboaXpgvUSmtRbVRqbfJrbyuGhyoo
User avatar
3vilp4wn
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:05 am
Location: The darkness.
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Programming 1

Post by 5ilic0n on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:10 am
([msg=74951]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

I did it in Python as well ;)
Seemed to be the quickest tool for the job.
5ilic0n
New User
New User
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:08 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Programming 1

Post by 3vilp4wn on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:02 pm
([msg=74964]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

5ilic0n wrote:I did it in Python as well ;)
Seemed to be the quickest tool for the job.


Well, I'd be glad to share code with you as well :)
Do not mistake understanding for realization, and do not mistake realization for liberation
Evil Ninja Hackers
???
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

1A4EAMboaXpgvUSmtRbVRqbfJrbyuGhyoo
User avatar
3vilp4wn
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:05 am
Location: The darkness.
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Programming 1

Post by rvnzph on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:08 pm
([msg=75996]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

Hello.

If you haven`t solved this mission, please do not read below. It might contain spoilers.

This message is intended for the administrators of HTS.

I found a very small bug in the wordlist.txt file. I didn't expect this mission to be this easy and I have tried many times to discover the encryption algorithm. While researching, I supposed that the scrambled and the unscrambled word have the same size, and so I found that there is only one word of length 9. Reloading the mission's page, I found the only scrambled word of length 9. Now the problem is that the encryption algorithm does not apply to this word(unscrambled word="phurivdli", scrambled word="0ng9ntiho"). For someone who solved this mission, it is obvious that this word does not follow the algorithm.

I don`t know if it was intended that the wordlist.txt file contained this word, I just wanted to inform you about this. I also apologise if I wrote this message in the wrong place, I am new to HTS and I have no idea how to send PM.
rvnzph
New User
New User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Programming 1

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:39 pm
([msg=75998]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

rvnzph wrote:Hello.

If you haven`t solved this mission, please do not read below. It might contain spoilers.

This message is intended for the administrators of HTS.

I found a very small bug in the wordlist.txt file. I didn't expect this mission to be this easy and I have tried many times to discover the encryption algorithm. While researching, I supposed that the scrambled and the unscrambled word have the same size, and so I found that there is only one word of length 9. Reloading the mission's page, I found the only scrambled word of length 9. Now the problem is that the encryption algorithm does not apply to this word(unscrambled word="phurivdli", scrambled word="0ng9ntiho"). For someone who solved this mission, it is obvious that this word does not follow the algorithm.

I don`t know if it was intended that the wordlist.txt file contained this word, I just wanted to inform you about this. I also apologise if I wrote this message in the wrong place, I am new to HTS and I have no idea how to send PM.


This challenge is not using an encryption algorithm. It's just scrambling the words like an anagram...
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
User avatar
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Programming 1

Post by rvnzph on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:42 pm
([msg=75999]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:
rvnzph wrote:Hello.

If you haven`t solved this mission, please do not read below. It might contain spoilers.

This message is intended for the administrators of HTS.

I found a very small bug in the wordlist.txt file. I didn't expect this mission to be this easy and I have tried many times to discover the encryption algorithm. While researching, I supposed that the scrambled and the unscrambled word have the same size, and so I found that there is only one word of length 9. Reloading the mission's page, I found the only scrambled word of length 9. Now the problem is that the encryption algorithm does not apply to this word(unscrambled word="phurivdli", scrambled word="0ng9ntiho"). For someone who solved this mission, it is obvious that this word does not follow the algorithm.

I don`t know if it was intended that the wordlist.txt file contained this word, I just wanted to inform you about this. I also apologise if I wrote this message in the wrong place, I am new to HTS and I have no idea how to send PM.


This challenge is not using an encryption algorithm. It's just scrambling the words like an anagram...


What i am trying to say is that "phurivdli" is not an anagram for "0ng9ntiho". And "0ng9ntiho" is not in the wordlist.txt file.
rvnzph
New User
New User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Programming 1

Post by SledgePalm on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:03 pm
([msg=76042]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

Hey,

I did this mission using Java and I was wondering what the code would look like in other languages.
If you did it in a different language and want to swap codes or just don't mind showing me yours, please let me know.

Thanks
SledgePalm
New User
New User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Programming 1

Post by fashizzlepop on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:44 pm
([msg=76046]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

rvnzph wrote:What i am trying to say is that "phurivdli" is not an anagram for "0ng9ntiho". And "0ng9ntiho" is not in the wordlist.txt file.

I will look into this. Thanks.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
User avatar
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 1:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Programming 1 whats goin on ?

Post by xalastras on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:51 am
([msg=76551]see Programming 1 whats goin on ?[/msg])

So , i tried to create a program in c++ [although im a c++ noob and i had to google search a lot]

My general idea is this:

*Open wordlist and a file with the scrabbled words in list.
*give the first line of wordlist in a string array
*check if the first character of the scrabbled word exists in the string array/ if yes, check if the next character is '/n' else check if the next character exists in the same string array with the previous . and this goes on inside a loop.
if the character does not exist in the string array, then get the next line of the wordlist.next/ if yes check next and so on

Now here is the point. :idea:
When, after checking that all the characters of the first line in the scrabbled word lists exist in the same string array. and our last character is a new line "\n" character, then output the array as result [not 100% sure result though coz we havent checked if the wordlist line has the same length as the scrabbled word list line | but im gonna check this later]

after this, im getting the next line of the scrabbled word list file and return @ the begging of the wordlist.txt at the same time.

And now im doing the same for the 2nd .. the 3d... the 4th... the 5th word . etc.

I dont know if this is a good idea. Even though i cant get it to work propably because of a lot of errors. But i would like sum more opinions . Thnx

Moved
xalastras
New User
New User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Programming 1

Post by weisk on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:18 am
([msg=77694]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

Am I the only one that solved this with Javascript? :lol:
Edited: Let people figure it out on their own. Don't offer your code --LoGiCaL__
weisk
New User
New User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


PreviousNext

Return to Programming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests