Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Intro?

Post by WallShadow on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:50 am
([msg=73653]see Re: Intro?[/msg])

Welcome to HTS, J!

First off, if you have any questions about where to start, please read over Ninjex's great post: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=9726

If you have something specific that you are interested in, ask it here, we may be able to point you in the proper direction and we are always willing to help anyone with a good question.

Check out the Books sub-forum if you're looking to dive right into hacking.

- WallShadow <3
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Unpredictable J on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:42 am
([msg=73660]see Re: Intro?[/msg])

Thanks for the response!

I would like to somehow get involved in discussions, but at this point (just starting out, with the knowledge I have) I don't really know if that is possible.

I have ADD and I've always had problems with teachers I don't respect, so I end up being self taught...I have no reason to dislike anybody as of right now, but I will inevitably end up teaching myself a great deal, instead of being taught by someone else. I am wondering if having ADD and teaching myself will really hold me back in my progress? (I only ask this because I hate the idea of being decent/mediocre at something and I want to go as far possible)
Unpredictable J
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:10 pm
([msg=73662]see Re: Intro?[/msg])

Unpredictable J wrote:I would like to somehow get involved in discussions, but at this point (just starting out, with the knowledge I have) I don't really know if that is possible.

IRC is the best place to take part in conversation. If you are not a troll feel free to join the #coffeesh0p channel.

Unpredictable J wrote:I end up being self taught..

Sounds like me...
Last edited by -Ninjex- on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by mookalovesgloop on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:54 pm
([msg=73663]see Re: Intro?[/msg])

welcome!

from one complete noob to another, hts is an awesome place to start...i've been around almost a year--i came in knowing the bare-bones basics of HTML and CSS--and i can't believe how much i've learned just by looking and lurking...of course, lots of studying is required and the task can seem daunting at times (a lot) but if you stick with it, i think you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised by just how much you can learn in a short period of time...

in my experience here, as long as you're not lazy and respectful, you'll get tons of help along the way! :mrgreen:

peace and blessings
mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by fuchsteufel on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:18 pm
([msg=73667]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi out there,

I'm Fuchsteufel (which is obviously a nickname) and I'm new here. I am 27 years of age and come from a small town in germany. I'm an electrical engineer in automation and am still studying to get my master's degree at the end of the year. I found HTS by looking for some web security challenges and I have to say I really enjoy all the stuff here, including the forum which is perfect for me to read and learn.

Hope I can help people, too.
fuchsteufel
New User
New User

Post by lucky 0xD on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:27 am
([msg=73693]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

lucky 0xD
New User
New User

Post by cberg22 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:38 am
([msg=73739]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi everybody,

I am apparently coming into the game a bit later than a lot of you, I'm currently 20. I study Mechatronic Engineering , in my final year this year. I have some programming experience (especially in C and a bit of Python) but other than that, I know just about nothing. I am a pretty quick learner though so I hope to advance fairly quickly, although I know this is going to be a long and never ending process. I'm slightly daunted by the sheer volume of information out there but won't let that stop me.

I'm looking forward to becoming a part of the community
Cberg
cberg22
New User
New User

Post by Miss_Ronaldo_17 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:26 pm
([msg=73793]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello all I landed here after watching The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (American version I have seen both versions though) I became obsessed with the protagonist Lisbeth Salander. So I decided to get into computers. Oh I even got a motorcycle 2009 Ninja 250r but have since moved up to a 2007 Yamaha R6S. But yea so I am gonna go back to college and study Computer Science. I love to watch movies and ride my motorcycle I'm a pretty laid back chick also a gamer on the PS3 COD played some WoW a while back. I'm in my 20's so yea that's my intro oh and last but not least I am completely OBSESSED with Cristiano Ronaldo hence the screen name.
Miss_Ronaldo_17
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:43 pm
([msg=73798]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Miss_Ronaldo_17 wrote:....chick....

Welcome to HTS!!! Don't leave.... please.
But no seriously, welcome. I have yet to see that movie.. But it is on my to-do list. I hear it's pretty good..?

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by NoBoundaries on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:54 pm
([msg=73874]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello everyone! My name is George, but you can call me boundary. I usually spend my time developing software. Through my hobby of software development, I learned quite a few things about hacking, and I ended up here. I wish to advance my knowledge in this field. It is very interesting to me.
NoBoundaries
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone