Need help to Un-Ban

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Need help to Un-Ban

Post by Arcontos on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:40 pm
([msg=72906]see Need help to Un-Ban[/msg])

I was recently playing a game (Counter Strike: Source) and I saw an admin on a specific server, abuse his power, (permanently banning someone for a wrong reason), it says when you see an admin doing something wrong, report them, so I did, a few minutes later, I was permanently banned from their website and server, the website is Plaguefest.com,I asked a person why I was banned from my friend list (he is an admin) and he said, the person who banned me is the creater of the server and website, but I don't think he is telling the truth, because a different admin said he should remove him as an admin and also the server tells you to report admin abuse, on the website, you can see all the bans, if anyone could go there and remove my ban, I think it's by IP and if you do, could you leave my name there so that he will still think I'm banned and he wont know, the person that banned me is called Brian, and my username under the ban list will either be: Bobbytheracist apple, or Squintillian, I would really appreciate it if someone could remove my ban, but leave my name on the list so no one will know, I can always change my name in-game.
I was doing nothing wrong to be banned for.
If anyone would also be as kind enough, to ban Brian from the website, or change his password/ do anything so that he wont be able to come on.
He is a real mean guy, he insulted everyone in-game and I think it's completely wrong to ban me for something he told me to do, I cant even plea because I was banned from their site. Please help me anyone.
Arcontos
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Need help to Un-Ban

Post by 0phidian on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:46 pm
([msg=72910]see Re: Need help to Un-Ban[/msg])

Arcontos wrote:Bobbytheracist apple,

I cant stand racist apples.

PS. No one here's going to hack it for you. Try spoofing your location.
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Post by mShred on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:59 pm
([msg=72911]see Re: Need help to Un-Ban[/msg])

TL:DR...
If it's by IP, then you can easily get around that... If it's not, then you can always start a new character.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by Arcontos on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:04 pm
([msg=72913]see Re: Need help to Un-Ban[/msg])

How do I get around an IP ban?
Arcontos
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:07 pm
([msg=72915]see Re: Need help to Un-Ban[/msg])

Like this.
Anywhore, you need some way of spoofing you IP address. Make the server think that you are coming from a different place, essentially. This can be done by a proxy server, Tor, VPN, using a computer on a different network, whatever.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arcontos on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:32 pm
([msg=72925]see Re: Need help to Un-Ban[/msg])

My problem is, I just need to remove my ban, I'm not very familiar with this kind of stuff, all I need someone to do is to fix my ban, I was banned maliciously and it was abuse, the website isn't anything official so there is no illegal punishments. Or at least you could tell me what to do.
Arcontos
New User
New User

Post by weekend hacker on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:07 pm
([msg=73010]see Re: Need help to Un-Ban[/msg])

If the guy created the server he has every right to ban you for whatever reason he sees fit. If you like kittens and he doesn't? thats a ban. Are you better then him? thats a ban. His house, his rules.
I suggest you find a different server to play on and not bother with servers with poor admins.
Servers of any kind if its gaming, a website/forum, irc, or whatever are only as good as their admins. Admins that don't respect their own users are not worth your time.
And although getting around a ban is fairly trivial, I do not really support such activities.
If for example I ware to ban you from any of my networks for any reason at all and you decide to try and get around it, the bantime will automatically double no matter who set the initial ban or how trivial the reason for that was. And will keep doubling for every attempt.(if you do some calculations you'll see how that quickly becomes a very long ban for a very trivial offence)

TL;DR; If the owner of a server doesn't want you there, then don't go there. There are plenty of other places to play and that person is not worth your time.
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arcontos on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:56 pm
([msg=73060]see Re: Need help to Un-Ban[/msg])

Except my only problem is my ban is permanent :(
Arcontos
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:44 pm
([msg=73091]see Re: Need help to Un-Ban[/msg])

? wat?
We understand that.. Like we said, you can either spoof your IP. Or... you can just go to a different server like weekend suggested. Your permanent ban wouldn't have any effects on another server.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:16 pm
([msg=73092]see Re: Need help to Un-Ban[/msg])

Play somewhere else and don't ask us again. Period.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Return to General