practice

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

practice

Post by hoxtonspecial on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:58 am
([msg=72757]see practice[/msg])

So i've just got through missions 1-5 and being totally honest am not very comfortable with either HTML or Java.
I was thinking a good way to practice would be to build a small website.
Can anyone help me with where to find ACTUALLY free domain name or does this simply not exist?

Thanks.
Hoxton.
hoxtonspecial
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: practice

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:32 am
([msg=72759]see Re: practice[/msg])

hoxtonspecial wrote:So i've just got through missions 1-5 and being totally honest am not very comfortable with either HTML or Java.
I was thinking a good way to practice would be to build a small website.
Can anyone help me with where to find ACTUALLY free domain name or does this simply not exist?

Thanks.
Hoxton.

If you want to practice, you do not even need a public domain!!! You can practice on your local host.

Go grab apache, and look into it. It allows you to host a sever on your local host which can only be accessed by devices on your local network. You will get more detail from the main site, as it is different for windows/*nix operating systems. Make sure you follow the instructions, and to save your projects with the right extensions. This will allow you to test and build all you want without the use of a public domain.

However, if you want a free public domain, there is 000webhost, which you can find by this link they do not allow ssh, only ftp. For this you would need something such as filezilla, and transfer your pages over to your domain.

Hope this helps,
- Ninjex
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Re: practice

Post by hoxtonspecial on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:57 am
([msg=72760]see Re: practice[/msg])

Thats awesome, had no idea about apache, will get straight on it.

Thanks.
hoxtonspecial
New User
New User

Return to NZone