Just someone to bounce ideas off of

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Re: Just someone to bounce ideas off of

Post by centip3de on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:37 pm
([msg=72530]see Re: Just someone to bounce ideas off of[/msg])

Cookie2323 wrote:Great idea i was just about to post this when i noctied this blog and i read it! a ventrilo server would be amazming!! i was doing some reachseach as i use vent my self everyday. if i was to set up a vent will people being using it or would it be a waste of my money?!?! commect and let me know im more then willing to set one up just because i love computers and learning about them! :D

We already have a Mumble server, can't quite remember the address of it, but you should be able to find it if you look around a bit.
Last edited by centip3de on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by limdis on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:50 pm
([msg=72610]see Re: Just someone to bounce ideas off of[/msg])

Mumble Server:
mumble.hackthissite.org:5555
(67.21.66.235:5555)
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by centip3de on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:30 pm
([msg=72630]see Re: Just someone to bounce ideas off of[/msg])

limdis wrote:Mumble Server:
mumble.hackthissite.org:5555
(67.21.66.235:5555)

Edited the original post with the information.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de
Addict
Addict

Post by BigTits777 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:10 pm
([msg=86818]see Re: Just someone to bounce ideas off of[/msg])

OK, here's an idea; whoever the person was, (Oracle staff) who wrote "Java # 8" and expects all of us to use it, should start taking those free Harvard computer science classes. :x That "update" to Java not only drove me to ask my computer repair guy, to come over and "PLEASE FIX THIS! :o "--cause Java no longer allowed applets online to function, I read that business computers had to call in THEIR repair people too! (They all changed Java back to the functioning # 7) ...Talk about Oracle putting out a non-functioning java!

My idea is, since Java is necessary for many applets and even business software to run, and Oracle can't seem to make a bug-less update of it, why not ask China to craft a complete substitute for Java, & manufacture it, we all use the NEW ONE, and dump Oracle and it's "Java"? Everyone is using no. 7, anyhow. I bet that would break patent laws.WHO CARES at this point?! :evil: Not me! Any ideas? Or we nuke Oracle? That would stop the repeated "java update!" I have to yell "NO" at, every day.

REALLY, this BIG company gives us all such !@#*+%@!!crud we have to use? :twisted: Does Linux avoid this? Does Apple? Do computer-deniers ? Just an idea about the nukes. (Dr. Strangelove-fan)

My other idea, gleaned from many sources is that ALL technology, including computing, is going BACKWARDS. EVERYTHING you buy!! tvs, stereos, computers, software, every appliance, machine!!We are rapidly advancing into a tech-DARK AGES. Everything will be (is) such junk, whole civilizations will fall.I have an OLD air-popper, for popcorn, I can't let go of, all the new ones are such junk!!Our lives read like the script of "Idiocracy" the movie.

Yeah, what'd yah all think?? Are we heading into a new Dark Ages? EVERY THING will no longer work? I'll have to buy tons of CANDLES, use pidgons for communication, read books for entertainment (already do)sew my own clothes, make shoes, and abandon those screens & monitors?I am over-dramatizing, but, hey, where is it gonna stop? Every machine function is BLAH! Even computer engineers tell me so.Is this a big sign of the Apocalypse?(whatever that is) We will run on all fours, grunt, live in trees, and eat bugs? Bananas? :shock: Does it just get worse until it collapses?

THERE, idea bouncing!!! :P
BigTits777
New User
New User

Post by pretentious on Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:21 am
([msg=86822]see Re: Just someone to bounce ideas off of[/msg])

BigTits777 wrote:OK, here's an idea; whoever the person was, (Oracle staff) who wrote "Java # 8" and expects all of us to use it, should start taking those free Harvard computer science classes. :x That "update" to Java not only drove me to ask my computer repair guy, to come over and "PLEASE FIX THIS! :o "--cause Java no longer allowed applets online to function, I read that business computers had to call in THEIR repair people too! (They all changed Java back to the functioning # 7) ...Talk about Oracle putting out a non-functioning java!

Disabling web applets is a security measure. Allowing computers to excecute java code from anywhere in the wild was considered a really bad idea, even with their already in place security restrictions, This is why Javascript was invented. So for all those ppl yelling that Java isn't jvascript, that's true, bit the similar names aren't just a coincidence ;)
At least that's what a lecturer told me.

BigTits777 wrote: My other idea, gleaned from many sources is that ALL technology, including computing, is going BACKWARDS. EVERYTHING you buy!! tvs, stereos, computers, software, every appliance, machine!!We are rapidly advancing into a tech-DARK AGES. Everything will be (is) such junk, whole civilizations will fall.

Quote your sources. Also, bring on the dark ages :) Electrical engineering isn't magic. We can do it all again and better the next time around.

Also, is this remotely on topic? hahaha
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Comments & Suggestions