Ventrilo.

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

Re: Ventrilo.

Post by Cookie2323 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:58 pm
([msg=72502]see Re: Ventrilo.[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:
Cookie2323 wrote:
im pretty sure its setup by its self on windowxp. http://tinypic.com/r/513878/6 < dose that look right:P Do you know if their anyway i can set it up to only catach Packet coming from a certain thing for explam Ventrilo,Xboxlive Wont be using it for xbox only ventrill!
:geek:

Yeah, that's right.
Try filterning to only UDP. For a more advanced search, I need to know more about the program, which I am not aware of how ventrillo works. All I can say at this point is to just filter it to view UDP packets, and when they send you information, it will probably show the ip under the source port.

You are they greates person ever! where were you 5years ago when i attemped to learn these things! :D :D :D ill let you know if it works!!
I always loved computers as a kid But Could never learn how to hack/networking because of my Reading/Writing skills Now im back after a couple of years still not that good But alot better then before! THANK YOU For your help:D
Cookie2323
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:02 pm
([msg=72503]see Re: Ventrilo.[/msg])

Eh, five years ago I didn't know anything really. Been doing this stuff for 7 years now. Five years from now I would have been 14 years old and ignorant.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Cookie2323 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:12 pm
([msg=72504]see Re: Ventrilo.[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:Eh, five years ago I didn't know anything really. Been doing this stuff for 7 years now. Five years from now I would have been 14 years old and ignorant.

Haha , ur only 1 year old then me but alot SMATER! Good Job! and we all were!
I always loved computers as a kid But Could never learn how to hack/networking because of my Reading/Writing skills Now im back after a couple of years still not that good But alot better then before! THANK YOU For your help:D
Cookie2323
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:25 pm
([msg=72507]see Re: Ventrilo.[/msg])

Cookie2323 wrote:
-Ninjex- wrote:Eh, five years ago I didn't know anything really. Been doing this stuff for 7 years now. Five years from now I would have been 14 years old and ignorant.

Haha , ur only 1 year old then me but alot SMATER! Good Job! and we all were!

Oh, where are my manners haha.

Thanks for the compliments...

Keep at it, and you will only get better (:
If you have a question, ask/research.

Good luck,
- Ninjex
Last edited by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:26 pm
([msg=72508]see Re: Ventrilo.[/msg])

I highly doubt the client IPs are sent to each client. Most likely just a connection to the vent server so you'd only get that ip.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:29 pm
([msg=72511]see Re: Ventrilo.[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:I highly doubt the client IPs are sent to each client. Most likely just a connection to the vent server so you'd only get that ip.

Yeah, I am not sure of anything about Ventrillo. If so, see if you could social engineer them into getting on skype and doing the same thing. Other then that, I am dumb-founded on the subject.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Previous

Return to Networking