Running different Programs under 1?

For the discussion of Perl, Python, Ruby, and PHP and other interpreted languages.

Re: Running different Programs under 1?

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:11 am
([msg=72448]see Re: Running different Programs under 1?[/msg])

C++ and Python have NO WHERE near similar syntax. Python relies on white space where C/C++ do not at all. Python is completely fucking different.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:01 am
([msg=72449]see Re: Running different Programs under 1?[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:C++ and Python have NO WHERE near similar syntax. Python relies on white space where C/C++ do not at all. Python is completely fucking different.

Haha.

Anyways, to me they seem similar; like it or not.

You bring up whitespace, but I always program "neatly" and use whitespace; even with c++
So that doesn't even play a factor to me. You can import stuff on both, make variables, if else, while, do while, etc.. It's basically the same with different syntax imo. One has to be compiled, one doesn't. One can do a bit more than the other. I do like C++ better though xD

It's not a debate if "Python is completely fucking different" or not, it speaks for itself. I don't know why we are having a debate over what I feel seems the same, as you are not me; and it would be impossible to come to a logical conclusion.
I'm just enjoying learning.
Thanks for your opinion though.
- Ninjex
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:07 am
([msg=72450]see Re: Running different Programs under 1?[/msg])

Your argument is that two programming languages are really similar because you can use them to program. I'm only arguing with you because you make no sense and someone else looking in on this should not think that Python and C++ are anywhere near each other. Not in ANY aspect other then that they can both be used to program.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:14 am
([msg=72451]see Re: Running different Programs under 1?[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:Your argument is that two programming languages are really similar because you can use them to program. I'm only arguing with you because you make no sense and someone else looking in on this should not think that Python and C++ are anywhere near each other. Not in ANY aspect other then that they can both be used to program.

Fair enough...

Basically what I was saying from my end point is that I haven't learned anything new in C++ that I have not learned on Python in another form of syntax, with very minor exceptions... So far I believe making headers and calling them in is the only actual new thing I have learned so far. However, I am not done learning and that could change, as I am just now getting to the OOP part of the studies.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:40 am
([msg=72455]see Re: Running different Programs under 1?[/msg])

It's the lower level stuff that's the most different.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by centip3de on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:01 pm
([msg=72470]see Re: Running different Programs under 1?[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:If you're understanding c++ now then don't switch to java just because cent suggested it. If anything Java will be easier after learning c++ than the other way around. C++ doesn't take care of garbage collection like Java does.

Yes, but Java (if I remember correctly) does garbage collection automatically, without calling it, so I'm confused how that makes a good point at all. Also, he clearly stated that he has some experience in Python, and Javascript which are extremely high level languages. C++ on the other hand, is just a step above C in the levels of abstraction. Granted, there are a large number of libraries written in it that can abstract it even more, natively, it's still a mid-level language. Java, on the other hand, is a much higher level language (albeit not as high as Python), which would make the transition from Python to Java much easier than Python to C++. That's just my view, however.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:26 pm
([msg=72474]see Re: Running different Programs under 1?[/msg])

I agree with everything you said. I was trying to make the point that he should learn something new/different/more in depth like C/C++ because Java will just be slightly lower level than Python, etc.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by centip3de on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:26 pm
([msg=72478]see Re: Running different Programs under 1?[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:I agree with everything you said. I was trying to make the point that he should learn something new/different/more in depth like C/C++ because Java will just be slightly lower level than Python, etc.

Yes, I could see how that could be beneficial.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:08 pm
([msg=72484]see Re: Running different Programs under 1?[/msg])

It's okay guys, I will learn them both :)

Thanks for the input again.
Fashizzle you could of just posted that before, that helped clear up how you was thinking of the entire situation to me. lol
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Previous

Return to Interpreted Languages